The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How many pulls do you get off a full cart?

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by Ragman, Sep 29, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ragman

Ragman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    Hamlin, New York, USA
    Just curious about how many good pulls you guys get off your 401's/EVO's/Dragons?

Im talking with a full cart here. Like 6 drops in the cart and another 2 on the filler.

Thanks.

2. j0ker

j0ker Classifieds Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    MS Gulf Coast
    I usually get somewhere between 10 and 12 good pulls....wish I could get more but seems pretty reasonable for the size.

3. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2009
    Semmering, Austria
    Around 70 from a Titan 510 with a new home filled cartridge. 7 drops + one on atty

4. tony206
    This message by tony206 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 2, 2013, Reason: unregistered supplier.
    Sep 29, 2009
  5. bg458

bg458 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2009
    Holly cow those must be some BIG pulls!!! I get about 40 I would say.

6. Sludge Van Diesel

Sludge Van Diesel Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    You're doing something wrong then:D
    Not really relevant as we're in the M series forum area.:?::D:D

Assuming I vape it dry (which does happen dependant on the state of the wadding), probably about 70 - 80 drags. I'm thinking around 10 per drop.:)

7. Ragman

Sep 19, 2009
    Hamlin, New York, USA
    I guess it is just patience and the way you take a drag. For some reason I cannot count drags.

The site says I should get 15-20 good drags from every 2 drops and I use about 8 drops total which should give me approx 60 - 80 drags. Id say Im closer to 40.

8. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Feb 12, 2009
    Manufacturers must test these device on gerbils. On a 401, I can get four to six decent draws. The remaining four are not at all satisfying. Moral of the story, you must drip, dip or refill frequently to get the best performance from this model.

9. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    You're obviously doing something wrong too. :?: if you're only getting that many draws off a full cart!

If they only gave that many drags for that much liquid mine would've been in the bin long ago.

10. gatsby

gatsby Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    1 pull (me pulling the cart off the atomizer) and one push (me pushing the inner cart out of the mouth piece and into the trash). Smart ... comment out of the way, something must be wrong because even though I agree those little carts are pretty useless, I can 10-15 pulls from a good dip. It does help to take a couple of clean breathes and let the liquid wick into the atomizer again.

11. Angela

Angela Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2009
    Hertfordshire, England
    I actually did count! I sat and marked a piece of paper whilst using mine during the course of the day, and I counted for several carts to make sure I got an accurate 'reading' so to speak.

I got an average of 80 draws per cart before it started dropping off too much to be worthwhile (and no, I do not take itsy-bitsy whispy little draws ;) )

12. BubbleBobble

BubbleBobble Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    Angela, what model are you using?

I counted for the first time lastnight, I got 33 before the flavor started to drop off.
    Second time I got around 28.

This was where the FIRST sign of flavor drop off was. I could've (and I usual do) continued to vape for another 20+ hits, but it doesn't have that really "Fresh", "strong" flavor to it, which I love! I should also state that I take very long, big hits (as I'm sure most do). And I smoke my sidesho continuously, like an analog. I don't take breaks inbetween vapes. I pretty much smoke down a whole cart in about 10-20 minutes most of the time. Then I'll do another cart in 30-60min. I haven't seen any hindering of the performance using the sidesho like this. This device really is quite impressive...

I'm still new to this and haven't tried any cart mods, except PTB on one of my carts. I will buying some blue foam today, as that seems to be the consensus of what the best filler is.

I'm using the sidesho, which I absolutely love! The vapor is big and thick! The inner cart is big, and I'm able to get 10+ drops in there with no leakage (pooling) issues! Getting all of that wick is another story, but I'm hoping with the blue foam mod, that will improve! :D

13. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    Angela's not doing forums much at the moment (so I'll answer for her), but I can categorically state (because I can see them from here) that they are Intellicig EVOlution M401s.

14. ZorbaTheGreek

ZorbaTheGreek Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2009
    I haven't counted mine personally. But people in here 5-20 puffs! Madness! I must get at least 70+. When I go to my friends house, I'm the only one with an e-cig, so 4 people puffing on it will take a couple hours to drain a cart. I get a full 10 drops on an empty cart with a dry foam plug. If there's a bit left in the plug, maybe 8 drops.

15. Ragman

Sep 19, 2009
    Hamlin, New York, USA
    Angela and Zorba must be vaping something entirely different than I am. Or the laws of vaping do not apply in their geographical location.

Ive used EVO Intellicig 401's, M401's and 510's and I have NEVER....EVER.. gotten near 70-80 draws per cart.

Until I see it in a video I just cannot believe it.

If a cloud of vapor doesnt expell from your mouth after a draw...then it isnt a draw.

Someone pls post a video of them getting 70 -80 draws off a full 401 cart and I will revert back to my 401 from my 510. Thx.

16. ZorbaTheGreek

Oct 26, 2009
    damnit. ok, I made a vid, 15 minutes of me puffing my head of, trying to fit it into the 10 needed for you tube. 75+ consecutive puffs on video. I got another good 25~ after before it started to get the funny vaped dry taste. But 15 minutes is too long for you tube. So, there you go :p I was curious about how many I get, now I have proof, and I know what to expect :) good times, I need to go lie down now.

17. Taroth

Taroth Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    Redditch, UK
    I think it depends on the length of draw.

80 x 1 sec draws = 10 x 8 sec draws.

I take long slow draws and get 10-15 from a 401 cartridge so I never use it if I'm going out and about.

18. ZorbaTheGreek

Oct 26, 2009
    the draws I take in the video are all about 3-5 seconds. Some are even long, two pull inhales that I only counted as one puff. And I still got over 100 puffs. I have to ask, are the people that are getting so few draws on a 401, using a cartridge filler to replace the default filler?

19. elitexero

elitexero Full Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Ottawa
    I was thinking I got about 20 with my 401, but then I realized I was doing 1 or two primer puffs beforehand, so likely around 50?

20. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    With my 510, using the straw with fluval plug I get about 50 good pulls before needing a refill. Normally the carts takes 8 - 10 drops. I would say that 50 is optimal, anymore and I notice a substantial decrease in flavour.

The 50 count is based on a 3 - 4 second draw.

21. Taroth

Taroth Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    Redditch, UK
    Yes I use Fluval. I could shorten my draw to about 3 secs and maybe get 30 but I find it very hard to believe anyone can get 100 puffs from 0.3ml of liquid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.