How many shops shut down nearly your house during the epidemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    There aren't any shops close by me, there's a smoke shop (about a 25 minute drive) that has a small vape dep't. and it was open with a smaller staff I think only the mgr was working. Cigarettes are essential I guess.. I do all my 'vape shopping' online. I'm a moderator on CASAA's fb WV group, and one of the members who lives in Huntington which is on the other side of the state from me, said that all the vape shops there were closed completely but opened up again last week or so.

• Informative
    Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I've posted before that my local go-to vape shop is open but using curbside service. Pull up, call in what you want and they bring it out to you. I'm not sure how many stores the guy has in Kentucky, like six or so I think, but here in London, KY is where he started. Again, I'm giving kudos to the gang at Magic Vapor here in London and across Kentucky for adapting to this virus and continuing to serve their customers. Their dedication to helping people get off cigarettes and onto vaping really shows, especially in times like these.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    A couple of shops in my area were doing curbside pickup but then that got stopped by the gov. Then they went to delivery which I think has been acceptable to same gov.

One shop, back before the pandemic started gearing up for the big FDA shutdown by making a gradual switch from vape shop to head shop...weed is legal here in Nevada. I stopped in that shop right before the corona hit the fan and there was just a tiny amount of vape products left. It was a full on dope shop.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    ALL vape shops and tobacco shops were shut down. They're (now) open for curbside orders in Michigan. (at least near me). Gas stations and convenience stores and regular stores were open though.

Masks are recently mandatory for retailers to provide to front-line workers now, a good thing, as I've gone through too many grocery lines with cashiers having no masks, and they're high-contact people. So that made no sense, because the masks are for OTHER PEOPLE near you. It's considered "impolite" not to use one. And the Asian areas have shown (apparently?) that they do help lower the spread.

They're actually newly mandatory for everyone in enclosed spaces here in MI, but the order has no teeth.

However, like I said, curbside is open now. :)

IDK.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    How many shops shut down nearly your house during the epidemic?

Here in Spain atleast the area where i live has all vape shops closed down.
    Some of them have websites you can order from but it's still moronic to close them down considering that the tobacco shops do have permission to stay open.

but yeah,the goverment doesnt want to lose the revenue they get from cigarettes hence the tobacco shops get to open while people that vape have to resort to ordering products online.

It really pisses me off that the goverment isnt smart enough to realise the huge benefits of people vaping instead of smoking...they just put roadblock and after roadblock :mad::mad:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    It's considered "impolite" not to use one.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

but yeah,the goverment doesnt want to lose the revenue they get from cigarettes..

It really pisses me off that the government isn't smart enough to realize the huge benefits of people vaping instead of smoking...they just put roadblock and after roadblock :mad::mad:
    Benefits for us are usually not beneficial for the government. Cigarette and tobacco sales in general put a lot of $$ in their wallet(s). :cry:

• Love
    Reactions: Izan

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Michigan here too. One thing I expect to continue, possibly permanently, is curbside pickup. I think many people are now accustomed to it and some will remain fearful of going inside shops long into the future. When things open up a bit further, those shops that offer curb service will have an advantage, both from a convenience and safety standpoint.

Reactions: AttyPops

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Benefits for us are usually not beneficial for the government. Cigarette and tobacco sales in general put a lot of $$ in their wallet(s). :cry:

therein lies the problem,they think on how to pack their wallets and not in the well being of those that they work for because they work for us,they should be making decisions to make our life better...not worst.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Izan

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Problem about closing vape shops and even if they put up a website for online orders they still losing money.
    Let me explain and this is based only on my experience in Spain and in my friends vape shop,but i feel this situation does apply world wide.

Now ok,i know a lot of you order online but atleast here people still like to go to the shops,and im willing to bet that there is people out there around the world that enjoy the weekly visit to their local vape shop...ritual if you will.

Thing is that sometimes people just go in for one specific item or just to chat with the owner,once there the owner or person behind the counter shares some news on items just released,in that case maybe the client will buy something he didn't plan to buy in the first place.

Basic premise of what happens in large supermarkets,basic items all the way in the back like milk for example, gotta walk 100 feet to the back of the shop to get some milk and along the way there are a ton of items that you didnt plan in buying but you just go ahead and put in your cart.

saw my friend the owner of the shop 2 days ago,kinda funny because we were in a small street like not really wide i mean (no way a pickup could fit thru,maybe a ford fiesta hehe) she he was on one side and i was on the other and we were just talking.

And among other things he told me his bussiness just went down a lot,about a 25% to30% of what he use to sell before.
    Now people cant walk in the store,now he cant say hey look,got this new e-liquid give it a try,they put on the dripper and wow they like so sure they buy a bottle,just common store practice you know?

Well that right now doesnt happen,they just go to his website and order the usual and then close the website window.

This is just my point of view from someone that still enjoys and prefers to go to a store instead of ordering online,i know we are a dying breed but this is how the situation is at the moment.

cheers from sunny Spain folks

stay safe and be healthy :)

• Agree
    Reactions: Marper

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    I feel so sorry for my vape shop mate, he will never recover his losses and he has always been very good and fair with me, he actually said that he won't be reopening and to me that's sad because it was a good independent shop,not some corporate owned rubbish like wicked.
    And I enjoyed going to the shop once a week, his prices were fair so I used to always buy something, I do use online for diy and tanks that he didn't stock.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Javichu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread