• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

how many times did folks fall off the wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynamama2lnb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Sin City
Well, since I am moving, I am staying with my parents. I told my dad about vaping, and once I got my PV in the mail he hid my last pack of smokes from me. I still crave them, but not enough to buy a pack of cigarettes (I am really frugal, and if I KNOW there is a pack around here SOMEWHERE, I am really weird about buying another one, I figure I will rip the house apart if I need one.. lol). Maybe my thinking is kinda wacky, but hey, it works for me!

The morning cravings are bad for me as well. What mg nic do you vape? I vape 18mg's normally, but the mornings are somewhat hard, so I will break out some 24mg and chain vape that until the craving goes away, then I am back on my 18mg for the rest of the day. Maybe just bump up your nic, if possible?

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
the last one i had i didn't like very much, and tossed it after a few puffs. still, the craving is bizarre. i feel like i'm getting plenty of nicotine, then out of nowhere (and always in the morning) i just WANT one. bizarre. am going to try some snus. i have some tins in my fridge from when camel was giving them away w/the purchase of smokes. hopefully they are still fresh.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
the last one i had i didn't like very much, and tossed it after a few puffs. still, the craving is bizarre. i feel like i'm getting plenty of nicotine, then out of nowhere (and always in the morning) i just WANT one. bizarre. am going to try some snus. i have some tins in my fridge from when camel was giving them away w/the purchase of smokes. hopefully they are still fresh.
I'll bring you the 'real' thing on Saturday:2cool:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I remember having a couple of cravings - usually when I was under a ton of stress. When you have a heavy craving for cigs, up your nic strength and give yourself 5 minutes with the high strength stuff. If, after those 5 minutes you still HAVE to have a cig, have one. JUST one. Eventually, if you give yourself those 5 minutes to really stop and think of vaping vs. smoking, vaping a high-test nicquid, you'll find you don't really want the cig.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
I remember having a couple of cravings - usually when I was under a ton of stress. When you have a heavy craving for cigs, up your nic strength and give yourself 5 minutes with the high strength stuff. If, after those 5 minutes you still HAVE to have a cig, have one. JUST one. Eventually, if you give yourself those 5 minutes to really stop and think of vaping vs. smoking, vaping a high-test nicquid, you'll find you don't really want the cig.
Welcome back to 'CyberWorld' Vicks:blink:

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
i've lurked over there. thinking about it. am interested in trying this "ry4" flavor, because of the raves...but what IS it, exactly?

"Lurking" can be a 'good' thing. As far as RY - my understanding is that there are different RY's (ry4 being one) and no real guarantee of actual flavor from one mfg to another. My experience - caramel taste (didn't care for it). Others here can correct me or get more specific........

VicTweezy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Norfolk, VA
I too am a morning twitchier. I know my PV will work, and satisfy that desire, but for some odd reason, it just pounds on me in the morning. I've heard somewhere about putting E-Liquid in coffee. I haven't done it, nore would I suggest it. I can see myself doing it sometime though... oddly...

On a totally random, tangent, I did drip on my tongue once to make fun of a person who "dips" at work. It got giggles from everyone so mission accomplished, but not so great on the taste.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
.......I vape 18mg's normally, but the mornings are somewhat hard, so I will break out some 24mg and chain vape that until the craving goes away, then I am back on my 18mg for the rest of the day. Maybe just bump up your nic, if possible?

+1 on that one.
Not only are you ladies experiencing a new habit with vaping, so is your body. It's use to getting that first jolt of morning nic & it will take time to ease into it's new routine.

the last one i had i didn't like very much, and tossed it after a few puffs. still, the craving is bizarre. i feel like i'm getting plenty of nicotine, then out of nowhere (and always in the morning) i just WANT one. bizarre.......

That's GREAT!! You are starting to get your taste buds back!!

I think RY4 is MlrGrl's all day vape...I tried taboo once (which is liquidXpress's RY4 clone) and didn't care for it....it's an odd flavor.

Yup! That's my go-to safety blanket.
RY4 is suppose to have a carmel-nutty-slight tobacco taste. It's not as sweet has it sounds like it should be, but also not as tobaccoee (or is it tabacco-y?) as the traditional tabacco flavors.
It has a strange history behind it and many companies that try to reproduce it will use that referance in their descriptions. Looking back, RY4 was probably one of the first non traditional tabacco tastes before the sweet flavor explosion.

What's strange is what the exhale scent is like. One friend use to detect a carmel/nutty scent; MlrMan says it's a sweet, cotton candy type smell. I asked Vick'sMan the other day what he thought and he said he couldn't detect a candy smell, but it was different & unidentifiable.

I'll have some along for show & taste time :vapor:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
ok, i feel a bit less stressed, given this seems fairly common, these "twitchies" (great word!). also threw a pack of snus in my purse this a.m. just in case (thanks, c-kool...i totally forgot about snus). see some of you guys saturday in madison. interested in trying this "mystery" flavor. i'm kind of sticking to "warm" flavors (like coffee/chocolate, etc). don't like some of the tobacco flavors i've tried...too "perfumey". i thought i liked JC tennessee cured, but now i think it tastes like i'm vaping potpourri. have a bunch of new flavors on order from eliquid planet. hopefully, they'll arrive by saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread