How many times do you reuse your cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
Just wondering how many times you reuse and or refill empty cartometers? I never used (or even seen) a cartomizer yet, but I am interested in trying it.

Im just worried because the sales rep said that cartomizers can only be filled about 4-5 times total before they're no good!!! Is that true? or is she just saying that to keep the sales up? I think I refill my cig's atomizer's empty cartridge thing at least 4 times a day and I feel as though i can keep using it for a long time as long as that wierd poly-fill wick thing doesnt get lost or damaged!!

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Cartomizers have the cart and atty combined and are cheaper than attys so even though they don't last as long as an atty the cost can even out.

As far as how many refills, that's going to vary. I would say 4-5 times total is on the short side but it depends on many factors. How you vape, the voltage and liquid used, etc. Darker colored liquids on average gunk up faster so you likely won't get as many refills with those. Cartos also hold much more liquid so you won't be filling them up as much.

Some people also clean them to extend the life. I do this with the CE2 cartos but I've never had any luck cleaning the filler type cartos.

chevelle

ECF Veteran
Well I'm a real noob and certainly no expert but for the last two months, I've refilled my njoy Npro 4081 Cartos over and over again dozens of times each and they are all still working fine. I just flush them with tap water a little and blow them out with compressed air till no more liquid comes out. Now these were originally pre-filled cartos and they are smaller than the 510 type but essentially they work the same. I suspect the warnings from sales people could possibly be in hopes of future sales. I plan to use them until they don't work any more or taste really bad despite my cleanings.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I rotate mine so I don't know exactly, but I've been using the same cartomizers for a few weeks. As long as you don't burn them, I just use them until flavor drops off. I could probably use them longer than I do but I like vaping with new cartos. Just look for sales and when you see them, stock up. I use 70PG/30VG, mostly clear juices. Don't know if that matters or not.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I use one per week. I start fresh on Monday and toss it the following Sunday. On Sunday evening, I prefill a new one for the next morning.

By the time Sunday rolls around, its performance has degraded somewhat. But it's still usable. However, I use it only during the day while I'm at the office or running errands. So it's not the only thing I use. When I'm home, I drip.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just wondering how many times you reuse and or refill empty cartometers? I never used (or even seen) a cartomizer yet, but I am interested in trying it.

Im just worried because the sales rep said that cartomizers can only be filled about 4-5 times total before they're no good!!! Is that true? or is she just saying that to keep the sales up? I think I refill my cig's atomizer's empty cartridge thing at least 4 times a day and I feel as though i can keep using it for a long time as long as that wierd poly-fill wick thing doesnt get lost or damaged!!

Even then you can get replacement filler for cheap or blue foam - just as cheap. The atty -if taken care of will last a long time compared to cartos - basically don't run it dry - keep it wet and when performance drops clean it - I use 151 vodka - dissolves the gunk good and dries quickly but some just wash out in water or mouthwash.. I've had some that have lasted over a year - but most will last multiple times than cartomizers. The cartos I've had (with rare exceptions both ways - ie. less and more) are about as the sale person said... ymmv, of course. But none will out last an atomizer that is kept in good condition. Both attys and cartos can burn out when dry - so that doesn't count - that's user error in most cases - sometimes you'll get duds...

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Well I'm a real noob ...... I suspect the warnings from sales people could possibly be in hopes of future sales. I plan to use them until they don't work any more or taste really bad despite my cleanings.

Spoken like a veteran!! :) Cartos last longer if you don't let them get dry.

p.s. Welcome to ECF!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't think of it as reuse because I never ever vape them to the point where they could singe. I add juice whenever they are a bit dry. it's hard for me to judge because I alternate at least 2 cartos. But I think I get 4-7 days use out of a Vapor4Life carto for KR808D-1 (they run a bit hotter) and I get 1-2 weeks out of a Boge standard resistance carto for 510 (for me that is 2-4 weeks using it 1/2 the time)

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have a question since I'm getting an order in, does anybody know how much uses you can get out of a Boge low resistance carto? I'm guessing less just like LR attys and standard attys, but if anybody knows for sure it would be a great help.

Hoosierecigsupply just got in some dual coil cartos for $2 per. They are 1.5 ohm. I have read that these cargos are just sick. They will take the high voltage and laugh. He also got some 1.25 ohm beasts. I ordered 10 each, and will review them on my Riva 510.

I should have them before the weekend.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I have a question since I'm getting an order in, does anybody know how much uses you can get out of a Boge low resistance carto? I'm guessing less just like LR attys and standard attys, but if anybody knows for sure it would be a great help.

I personally haven't noticed a difference in length of time between regular and LR. Within the same pack some last longer than others. That's just the nature of cartomizers because they are disposable. They're sort of flimsy.

nhaler has cartomizers that hold 3.5 ml of liquid. I happen to think the draw is tight and I've heard the same thing about the dual coil cartos. But they do hold a lot of juice. Crystal Clear Vaping has a special 15 LR cartos for $20.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
In my limited experience as long as they don't run completely dry they last weeks on the full PG solution I was using. I had a 70PG/30VG solution that was heavily flavored that gunked up the generic cartos I was using after two fills (a few days). I tried grain alcohol as a solvent and then a rinse but that didn't work well for me at all. These were normal eSmoke cartos but that's he extent of my experience w/ them until my new ProVape and Cloud stuff comes in. -Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread