How many times should I drip juice on my RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Juice it until the cotton looks nasty or it starts to taste bad. Remove the cotton, dry burn your coils, re wick and your golden. Some people change cotton daily to weekly. Some people change coils weekly to monthly. If you want your cotton to last, vape it almost dry before adding more juice. If you top off your rda all the time the juice in the bottom that just sits there will thicken up from heat and turn to jelly and funk your cotton. So don't burn your cotton but half dry cotton before adding juice makes the cotton last.

isiah

Nov 25, 2017
Juice it until the cotton looks nasty or it starts to taste bad. Remove the cotton, dry burn your coils, re wick and your golden. Some people change cotton daily to weekly. Some people change coils weekly to monthly. If you want your cotton to last, vape it almost dry before adding more juice. If you top off your rda all the time the juice in the bottom that just sits there will thicken up from heat and turn to jelly and funk your cotton. So don't burn your cotton but half dry cotton before adding juice makes the cotton last.
So just rejuice it and when it starts to taste burnt? and how do I dry burn my coils?

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
So just rejuice it and when it starts to taste burnt? and how do I dry burn my coils?
pulse them with no cotton/rayon/wicking material of choice through the coil. glow them up and residue will burn off. some dunk them in water when they're still hot (obviously not holding the fire button). i don't.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Simple answer - drip when you need to. Sadly, there is no script for vaping as there are too many variables - voltage, wick type, juice type, length of hit, airflow, size of drops etc etc can all affect how often you need to drip. My advice, don’t be shy with dripping (better to be too wet than dry) and see how often YOU find you have to drip. Don’t over think it.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
OP was asking about dripping juice on his wicks, not dry burning coils.

@isiah it depends on lots of factors. The amount and density of the wicking, the airflow, the power level, the juice you are using etc. With experience you will learn.
OP did say 'and how do I dry burn my coils?' just,err, saying...

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Also depends on the RDA and the juice well. The well is the depth from the edge of the base to the bottom of the base.

Some can hold a huge amount of juice and others have a smaller well. I bring this up because if the RDA you're using has bottom airflow (or crap o rings) there is a chance it will leak.

I started dripping with 5-8 drops and dripped a little more each time until I found where the well would leak, it tasted like I was drinking juice, or pooped and crackled as the excess vaporized off. Your mileage will vary and you'll have to experiment to find how much is too much.

You'll know when the flavor dips and you get a cotton/dry like hit. I suggest taking smaller puffs after 2-4 until you get the feel. Unless you like dry hit...

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yes, it was confusing...I think OP meant "how much juice" rather than "how many times."

But I want to make sure I don't get a dripper like JFCooley's.
I started dripping with 5-8 drops and dripped a little more each time until I found where the well would leak, it tasted like I was drinking juice, or pooped and crackled as the excess vaporized off.

Sorry JF- yours was a good response, but I couldn't resist. I love a good typo or autocorrect!:)

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Don’t over think it.

@Ben85 wins the internet. Yes, by all means, don't overthink it. If you get a dry hit, that's not enough. If it leaks, or you get no vapor because the coils are submerged, that's too much. Vape on, you'll figure it out. And each of them is different anyway. With mine-- I have 6 different RDAs rigged out now, plus a couple BF drippers on the squonk mods-- I leave it be until the taste gets just a bit cottony, then I add juice.

Reactions: Ben85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread