How many watts should i vape my coil build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    None of this is the way it works, or should work at least. The first action is determining power, then choosing a drip tip, then an appropriate atty and finally coil(s). Of course, determining all of this does require actually trying things. But realize the center revolves around is what you want and your technique.

As to those coils, your description is not very descriptive. If they are typical "Alien" they will need a lot. Each. Perhaps others might make use of a better description, although I have no experience with them nor will be getting any. I can tell you symptoms of coils far too large: at any comfortable setting, if any, the coils will take long to heat up enough to start producing vapor, and the vaporization temperature will be low. This heat up time and the amount of direct heating of the air will result in uncomfortably hot vapor output (not a contradiction).

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That is a LOT of metal, and since you are using dual coils, you are actually going to have a resistance of 0.15. Do you really want to build that low? You'd be needing high wattage to heat it up, and to get a satisfying vape. I'm not sure what your battery life is going to be like, but you will likely need a higher wattage to vape that satisfactorily.

I might try some higher ohm coils and possibly a more simple set of round wire builds. Of course, fi this is what you are going for and want to vape, well, just be sure to take good care of your batteries and equipment. If this is a regulated mod, and capable of supporting a 0.15 build well, this is what you like. Resistance isn't relevant on a regulated mod, it's just a matter of if your mod is powerful enough to support the wattage ranges you may need. Also, your batteries will need to be high amp cells, and that is going to mean less run time. Etc.

Anna

• Agree
    Reactions: puffon

Finlay knowles

Feb 22, 2018
    That is a LOT of metal, and since you are using dual coils, you are actually going to have a resistance of 0.15. Do you really want to build that low? You'd be needing high wattage to heat it up, and to get a satisfying vape. I'm not sure what your battery life is going to be like, but you will likely need a higher wattage to vape that satisfactorily.

I might try some higher ohm coils and possibly a more simple set of round wire builds. Of course, fi this is what you are going for and want to vape, well, just be sure to take good care of your batteries and equipment. If this is a regulated mod, and capable of supporting a 0.15 build well, this is what you like. Resistance isn't relevant on a regulated mod, it's just a matter of if your mod is powerful enough to support the wattage ranges you may need. Also, your batteries will need to be high amp cells, and that is going to mean less run time. Etc.

Anna
    So would 100+w be good ?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I wouldn't think it would be great, no. But, I am a MTL vaper and my wattages hover in the teens. Frankly, I would just DIE trying to vape at that wattage, but keep in mind I almost developed COPD before I switched to vaping. I wouldn't call my lung capacity stellar.

Also, only YOU can find out what wattage is "good". Gosh start at around 40 watts, (even if you get no visible vapor) and then work your way up in 5 watt increments. It's the only way to find YOUR sweet spot for your build. You might enjoy 50 watts, or 60, or etc.

I personally wouldn't want to routinely vape at those resistances and wattages but people do, so you will have to figure out what works for you. Honestly, if it were me, I'd start with a higher resistance build with less chunks of metal in there and see how you like the vape. 0.15 resistance is pretty low resistance for your first time building... But do what you must/want etc.

Anna

Finlay knowles

Feb 22, 2018
    That’s my build

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 307
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread