Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Coming up on 9 years this October. I can ride my bike over 100 miles in a day, and run five miles. I guess my main side effect is improved fitness!

I do remember having some annoying side effects when I started--dry mouth, headaches from vaping too much at once, but those are long gone by now.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
8 come November, and nothing but good side effects. Mainly PG (60-70) works for me (but everyone's different). Hi VG makes me a little "funny", but other than that, nothing negative in my case.

The fact that I was cranking out two packs a day may be a contributing factor (not sure). Breathe much? :blink:

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I vaped for 3 years to help me stay off cigarettes after quitting a couple of years earlier. Then I suddenly stopped vaping and smoked again for 2 years. I've been vaping again now since February, and have been cigarette free since May.

The worst side effect is my smoker wife telling me that I vape too much.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The worst side effect is my smoker wife telling me that I vape too much.

You can't rightly fault a woman for doing her job, Dave. If you were doing neither, you'd surely be "Breathing too much."

;) :D :lol:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Coming up on 5 years, I think. I started with Vuse and was good for almost a year until I realized how much I was spending on cartridges. Hunted the net, got taken in by some fake list of "best vape mods" and ended up with an overpriced eGo clearo but fortunately some really good juice. That's when vaping really started for me, and then I found this place, which resulted in an untold number of package deliveries. Not sure how much I really saved over cigarettes, despite them being $11-12 a pack when I did smoke (NYC is the worst on taxes) with a pack and a half a day habit, but I saved a bunch of money on not needing cans of air fresheners.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I started vaping in early 2010 with a Joye 510, followed shortly with an eGo. Since then I've vaped at or around 10W MTL.

I've begun to vape MTN (mouth to nose) as much as I can to limit vapor to the lungs. After all, for me it's about getting the nicotine satisfaction while protecting my lungs from excessive vapor. I do inhale there and there just because I like the sensation.

It's easier to stealth vape if you inhale, pause, and exhale. Most of the vapor disappears. To do that you have to involve the the lungs. We don't really have a long history with vaping, but vaping seems to be relatively benign. That said, it doesn't hurt to limit exposure to the lungs. Getting the Nic is the chief goal for most of us.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
684 days.
1year ,10months, 2weeks, 1 day

No unwanted or unpleasant side affects but there were some surprising discoveries of things that smoking tobacco had been masking.

Really its been a positive experience. I went from 5yrs of fortnightly blood tests to "everything is normal! We dont need to see you for 5yrs". Not because of vaping but because I stopped smoking tobacco, thanks to vaping.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Almost 6 years for me. before that, i never thought about e-cigs or even quitting smoking until i was in Vegas in 2013 and saw a few people vaping and thought "that's way better than smoking". got home and did some research and once i was all set up, quit the smokes immediately and started vaping.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I honestly can't remember. At the time it didn't occur to me to remember the date. I had been vaping for a couple/few years before I joined this forum and realized that I didn't have an official "Vaping Date".

It might be 4 years. Maybe 5. Or 3 1/2? Don't know. I've tried to jog my sluggish memories but I can't remember when I started.

What I know is that I'm 61 and in the best health I've been in since I was a teenager.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I began vaping early August 2017. Dual used for nine months, but was down to fewer than 5 cigs a week when I smoked my last on May 11, 2018. Two years vaping, 15 months no smoking. Haven't had any problems other than occasional hoarseness, but I do chain vape often.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
4-5 years for me, not one to track dates. I did occasionally get the "heavy lung" feeling which in my case comes from high vg juices. Since I prefer higher vg just adding some distilled water to my diy base takes care of it and I don't have to use more pg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread