How much are you getting out of your twist per battery cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
About three weeks ago I bought a joyetech 900mah ego twist kit. In the beginning I was getting ALMOST two days out of the battery (for about the first week). However, within the past two weeks it seems as though the life of the battery is dwindling fast. The battery does not even last me a full day. My juice consumption has not increased. I am still using the same amount of juice (3ml). My setup before this was a 650mah Johnson Creek Vea and that thing lasted me a full day. And I vape almost consistently at 4v.

And it may just be me, but it seems like its taking FOREVER to charge compared to when I first got it. I need to time it. Isnt it supposed to be like 2 hours?

Any thoughts?
How much life do you get out of your 900mah twist?

It may be a better question to ask how many ml you are getting out of your batteries per cycle?
I ask this because I would think someone that barely vapes 1ml a day would have a lot better battery life than a vaper that consumes 5 ml a day.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I find most joyetech eGo's are consistent until the very end where charge cycles get longer and charged holds get shorter but I'm talking of Twists that I had since June of 2012. One thing that could effect how long a charge goes is wattage. Even a .02 change in voltage can make a difference or if you're using a lower ohm'd clearo/carto/atty. A 2.4ohm coil is going to last longer than a 1.8ohm coil.

And unfortunately there are knockoffs that are using the Joye name.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
I have been using 2.4 coils only and if I have changed the voltage it has been down, not up. Maybe twice since I have had them have I had the voltage above 4 and only went up to 4.2.

I checked out the place I got it from before I made the purchase. It is a genuine joyetech battery.

So what you are saying is that more than likely the batteries are faulty? As in both of them? That would just be odd, right?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
NYC do you have a 2nd USB cord to charge them with? It is possible that they are not receiving a full charge if contact isn't right. I would try them w/ a different usb charger cord and see if there is any difference.

Because both batteries acting up doesn't really make sense, but both batteries *share* the same charger, right?

You can pull the battery post up a tad on them, carefully, toothpick, go around edges of the contact and pull up just a tad.

If they are relatively new, I would contact the vendor. Joye gives them a pretty decent warranty time and they may be able to pass that on to you

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have been using 2.4 coils only and if I have changed the voltage it has been down, not up. Maybe twice since I have had them have I had the voltage above 4 and only went up to 4.2.

I checked out the place I got it from before I made the purchase. It is a genuine joyetech battery.

So what you are saying is that more than likely the batteries are faulty? As in both of them? That would just be odd, right?

I see you got them at myvaporstore so yeah, they should be joyetech. Don't know what to say. That hasn't been my experience with them. Since there's two, it wouldn't seem like two lemons but they may have been from the same batch or something..... That they worked fine to begin with, I'm thinking something changed.... Might contact the vendor though.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Racehorse has some good ideas.... I should also say that before I put a battery on a charger I wipe it down with paper towel and the Qtip, each time and also give the charger a swipe. Only screw the batt on the charger until the charger's light goes from green to red and batt led blinks, iow don't tighten.

I also have the habit of not letting a batt go fully depleted before recharging - that extends the whole life of a batt. So at home if the 'other batt' is done charging, I'll swap it out, etc. etc.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
also,
If you are using the usb with wall charger, try to use w/out the wall charger on a usb port of some kind.

I *did* have a joyetech charger go bad on me, so it can happen. Unless you can take a reading w/a multimeter when they come off the charger, you can't be sure they fully charged.

oh yeah, as kent says, make sure contacts are nice n' clean.

I rethought the toothpick....use a pin or something.....toothpick could break off. Just wedge the center post brass part up a little, gently around the edges.

Last edited:

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
How did you know I got them from my vapor store? But yea, they've given great customer service with everything I've gotten from them so far.

I have been using the same charger. I did buy an extra one but haven't yet opened it. I might have to try the extra. I do clean the connections every time I switch clearos and when I put it on the battery. I started out using cartomizers so I got in the habit of wiping away the drop of juice that would always be there. Then I noticed the dirt that also came off when I wiped them down so now I do it just to keep everything in good condition.

And I have not been using the wall charger. I make sure to only screw it in until the light turns red. I read a forum post about that. It's a joyetech charger, you think it would have gone bad after three weeks?

I haven't tried pulling up the battery post because I figured they're so new and I'm only using ego thread clearos that it shouldn't be an issue. Add to the fact that I'm always worried in gonna pull the thing completely out and ruin the battery or something.

I have been letting them fully deplete though. But not on purpose. With 900mah I assumed that it would get me through a full day but it hasn't been doing that so they've been depleting. My hope was just to switch batteries out every night and not be depleting them. But like I said, that only worked for like a week.

I did contact the vendor. Hopefully they are able to provide some assistance.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have been using the same charger. I did buy an extra one but haven't yet opened it. I might have to try the extra.

And I have not been using the wall charger. I make sure to only screw it in until the light turns red. I read a forum post about that. It's a joyetech charger, you think it would have gone bad after three weeks?

I would try the extra. Yes, a charger can go bad, first day, or any time. You just never know.

However, MVS is great, they will take good care of you, but it doesn't hurt to try the extra charger, since you might learn something here.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
How did you know I got them from my vapor store?

I checked your posts to see. There are a few vendors here who are not authorized to sell Joyes or are selling knockoffs. See the Joyetech site under 'copycats'. mvs isn't one of those though.

Looks like you're doing everything right. If it were me, I'd breakout the other charger but contacting the vendor is a good move. I know Joyetech has a 6 month warranty on their products except LR stuff - and if needed you can get that info via your vendor.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
FWIW, my 2 eGo-C Twists (purchased from MVS) EACH take up to 10 hours for a full charge....
The charge, when complete, lasts ME all day (~ 8-10 hours)....
10 hours of charge time DOES seem excessive; the supplied charger cord provides output of "4.2v @ 430mAh"...
IIRC, that SHOULD charge a 650mAh battery in ~2 hours.....
End of the day.....As long as it works (and I have a GOOD SPARE!!!;)) I don't sweat it....

JohnMaguire2013

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
FWIW, my 2 eGo-C Twists (purchased from MVS) EACH take up to 10 hours for a full charge....
The charge, when complete, lasts ME all day (~ 8-10 hours)....
10 hours of charge time DOES seem excessive; the supplied charger cord provides output of "4.2v @ 430mAh"...
IIRC, that SHOULD charge a 650mAh battery in ~2 hours.....
End of the day.....As long as it works (and I have a GOOD SPARE!!!;)) I don't sweat it....

10 hours seems nuts. I have a 900 mAh Joyetech eGo-CTwist and I'm using a 4.2v @ 420 mAh charger and it takes about 3 hours tops (maybe between 2 and 3 hours.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread