• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How much are you spending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Last edited:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I used to get duty free baccy , so I only smoked around £25 per month. vaping for me is more expensive ( only just ) not that is has to be , just i like new toys :)

running cost's all depend on what device you have too, e-cig batteries aren't cheap so I'll always say get a mod , an SD or JS or GG type device. Running costs are then significantly reduced.

cost into that a max of 2 atomizers a month , 2 new generic batts and 50ml of liquid it's alot less than smoking real cigs , especially if you pay UK prices

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Since starting on e-cigs in January, I've spent 100s if not 1000s but have worked out it's about the same as I would've spent on cigs during the first few months (having been a 40-60 a day smoker).

But, I bought a huge amount of hardware and a ton of liquids. If I were to stop buying now, I figure I'd still have spent less in a year than on cigs. I think one has to try to work it out over a long period so as to factor in the initial outlay and then the expenditure on extra parts as time goes by.

Also, some of us might buy e-cigs or liquids that we end up not liking or we change our minds a few weeks or months later - like I've done. I spent quite a bit on the EVO/Pilot and have now put it away and am no longer using it as I've found I prefer the penstyle and 901 after all. I also find I seem to easily bore of liquids and want a change from time to time - yet we never did that with cigs!

Every time I go buy something else, I just say to myself "well, I'd have spent the same or less on cigs!"

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
What I meant to say but didn't properly phrase is that what I've bought so far would last me at least a year if not more, without having to buy more. So, in the long run, the "initial" outlay for me is one that will last me a very long time (as long as I don't keep buying new flavours or even new types of e-cigs, which I keep seeming to do! :lol:)

JrdUK

Moved On
Jun 6, 2009
UK
smoking20.info
Yea its tempting to try all the flavours!

I just ordered my self:

2 extra manual batterys for the 510
a pack of 5 atomizers
and a PCC (really excited about that a nice case to keep stuff in plus it charges it!!)
and another bottle of the m/boro flavour

Wish I had shopped around some more since I just got 5 30ml high strength stuff various flavours for £40 including P+P from RD.

It will take a longer time shipping but I'm ok with that I got 5 bottles for the price of 2!

Guess I will probably order the actual components from a UK supplier but for the juice that I don't need ASAP I figure i will get from china from now on to save the pennys.

I never really spent that much on bacci since it was duty free, but I'm excited for my 510 hoping it comes tomorrow! :D:D

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
Was spending £30-£40 a month on tobacco. Have spent on average £70 a month on e-cigs but! I have a stash of atomizers and batteries and 4 bottles of liquid and cleaner lungs. I'm at the point where I'm going to be spending less on e-cigs than I was smoking, at least till my 6 attys die. I actually enjoy it far more than I ever did smoking so it's worth more in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread