The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How much better off are we?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Trilly, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trilly

Trilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2011
    Derbyshire, UK
    OK. I was sat thinking this morning at how much better off I am since I switched to Vaping, the health benefits are the best by far but the financial ones are great too.

Since 1st of January this year I've been doing a little experiment, everyday I have put a £1 in a jar towards my car tax, by September, I will be able to pay for a year as oppose to the six months I have struggled to scrape together so will take pressure off there, I've also put £10 a week away so come Christmas, I won't be skinning myself buying gifts which inturn will mean I'll be less stressed then and be able to enjoy it more. I budget carefully and give myself a weekly allowance after all my bills and other things have been paid and whatever is left in my purse at the end of the week goes in the treat jar which is mounting up nicely (trying to save for a new laptop).

Watching these jars get fuller and fuller is great and really encouraging so I was wondering if anyone else is doing something similar?

2. tinajfreeman

tinajfreeman Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I don't keep track of it because I pretty much spend my "savings" pretty freely on vaping supplies...although I have so much now I should be good for the rest of the year! For me, it has been more about how much better off I am health-wise, which is about 1000% :)

3. erictho

erictho Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    not anymore. i used to do things like that, and i was thinking of picking it up again.
    good reminder. the past few christmasses i've either been in school or making not very much at all so i've been giving "thoughtful" gifts as a result. it kind of makes me feel like a jerk.
    :p

4. Yelsew Skraps

Yelsew Skraps Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Texas Panhandle
    Hmmmm, maybe I will do that and when I have enough in the jar order a Provari!!! Oh wait I think I missed the point..:D

5. invididual

invididual Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2012
    Lakeland, FL
    me too Tina, i think my wife has gotten to the point where shes just glad im not smoking anymore so she deals with my new addiction :D

6. sandscards

sandscards Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2012
    Broken Arrow, OK
    My jar would stay pretty empty I am afraid. There is always something out there that is the newest and greatest that I just have to try. My wife is also just glad that I am off the cigarettes so she doesn't mind too much. You have been doing it quite a bit longer than I so hopefully my learning curve and stupid tax are about done and I can settle in and just buy juice and cartos for a little while and let the jar fill up a little. That is until the next new great thing comes along in the vaping world that I just have to try. Could be a sad Christmas for the grandkids if the jar stays empty.

7. craftmath

craftmath Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Wilson, NC
    I see it as a hobby as I do nicotine addiction. Rebuilding attys, cleaning cartos, mixing juices, trying new juices, organizing the stash.... great for my OCD. :) Yes, I spend more now than I did on analogs, but I'm sure we all feel better, smell better, kiss better, taste better, etc. After some time, I think the money spending will plateau and then I'll start seeing the savings. You find the PV you want, the juices you like, and the cartos or attys you run too... after that its just routine spending to keep you inventory up. Its like that for me at least. I've always thrown out large amounts of $$ when first getting into a hobby, but I must say, this is one of the most enjoyable yet! (other hobbies include gaming, power kiting, grilling....) :)

8. Trilly

Trilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2011
    Derbyshire, UK
    Thooughtful gifts are the best ones Erictho, I do that every year for some of my family, a couple of years ago I made a hamper full of everything my grandparents liked but rarely treated themselves too, I make jams and other things for gift baskets, for a friends birthday last year I made a voucher book for her so I could help her get her new home in order like one for so many hours help with decorating and another for gardening and what not, these are more creative and remembered for a lot longer than anything I have ever purchased for someone. Sadly 3yr olds don't think the same way as adults and that is my main reason for saving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.