Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
You mean you made it yourself from the raw ingredients or dilute from a 10% base?
I never mix more than 25ml flavor mix at once. I like doing it and don't see the need of having more than that amount of 1 flavor.

PG/VG/nic pre mixed to 17mg/ml. I didn't "make the nic" if that's what you are asking. I make a base so I can add flavor simply on demand.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Usually only 10ml now. If I vape that, mix it again and vape that, then I'll make a 30ml bottle. I was also making juice for my son, and there were a couple of them he liked, so I mixed up 120ml bottles for him. Then he didn't like them so much anymore, so there they sit.

Good plan. I have only made one batch of 30 ml after trying a small batch of a mix I thought I really liked. Same story. Never finished it. Vaping two ten ml batches completely is a good rule to live by before going larger. Tooooo many times I started out liking something and never went back to it.

OBF_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If it is an ADV I make 50ml, if I am on the fence on the flavor 30, experiments are 15ml but I have some 5ml bottles coming in from a co-op so that will be my test size from now on.
A few guys from work buy my juice since I sell it to them $5.00/30ml, it costs me half that so I have been lucky enough to basically vape for free with the exception of a few flavors I have not been able to duplicate.

I found that for some reason if I make a 236ml bottle (flavored) something gets lost, even after a good steeping, so I guess I will stick to 50ml.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Usually only 10ml now. If I vape that, mix it again and vape that, then I'll make a 30ml bottle. I was also making juice for my son, and there were a couple of them he liked, so I mixed up 120ml bottles for him. Then he didn't like them so much anymore, so there they sit.

THAT! I'm vaping my way through a 30 ml bottle of pralines and cream at the moment and it's good, just not my favorite. But I'm bound and determined to vape up over 100 ml of juices before making anything else. I'm going to start limiting my larger mixes to just a couple of my favorites and these change of pace vapes to 10 ml at a time.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I am new to DIY and keep it small and simple. I buy the premix base. I first make a 5 ml bottle of a new flavor,if I like it,will make a 15ml bottle. I don't have a ADV,but so far I like the USA blend,black licorice,red hots,555. I have to keep this in quantity. I tweak the other flavors,as I vape on,trying to make the perfect vape, of that flavor

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
PG/VG/nic pre mixed to 17mg/ml. I didn't "make the nic" if that's what you are asking. I make a base so I can add flavor simply on demand.
Ah, I get it. But you do know that, depending on the amount of flavor you're adding, your nic density isn't consistent that way?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I mix about 300ml of base at 60/40/8mg. My favorite ADV is mixed in 60ml batches and my secondary ADV is mixed in 30ml batches. There's always a full bottle of each steeping since they're both tobacco flavors. I mix a "confection" flavor at 30ml and only have one bottle of each flavor I like since they, generally, don't need steeping. I test mix at 5ml batches (left over flavor bottles from WL), enough for dripping and if I like it, to try in a T3, CE3 or whatever for a longer term test.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ah, I get it. But you do know that, depending on the amount of flavor you're adding, your nic density isn't consistent that way?

I use the Same PG to VG ratio and like to use the Same Nicotine Level for all my Flavored e-Liquids. I also find that the Totally Percentage of Flavoring and Sweetener is right around 15% when I Mix a Recipe.

So I make "Pre-Mix" which is Unflavored Nicotine Base at 15% Less PG than the Final Flavored e-Liquid. And 15% More Nicotine than the Final Flavored e-Liquid.

So that when I Add my Flavorings/Sweeteners, via Drops, that the PG Ratio goes Up. And the Nicotine goes Down. And it all End Up around what I want to Vape.

I say around because One Flavor maybe .3 mg More than my Desired Target. And another maybe .2 mg Less. I don't really Care though. I can't tell the Difference in Nicotine in such Small Deviations anyway.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I use the Same PG to VG ratio and like to use the Same Nicotine Level for all my Flavored e-Liquids. I also find that the Totally Percentage of Flavoring and Sweetener is right around 15% when I Mix a Recipe.

So I make "Pre-Mix" which is Unflavored Nicotine Base at 15% Less PG than the Final Flavored e-Liquid. And 15% More Nicotine than the Final Flavored e-Liquid.

So that when I Add my Flavorings/Sweeteners, via Drops, that the PG Ratio goes Up. And the Nicotine goes Down. And it all End Up around what I want to Vape.

I say around because One Flavor maybe .3 mg More than my Desired Target. And another maybe .2 mg Less. I don't really Care though. I can't tell the Difference in Nicotine in such Small Deviations anyway.

Exactly. My mixes are simple, I know I will lose 8-12% nic. I plan for it, and less than 1mg/ml difference means nothing to me.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
At first, I made my base with the right percentages to account for 20% flavoring in PG base. But, I found I rarely go over 10%. So, that's what I allow for now.

It's a good medium level. So a little more or less flavoring still leaves me in the general area of nic and PG/VG percentages I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread