How much do you mix at one time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
Okay, so you finally come up with your perfect mix or mixes. They taste the same each and every time. How much are you going to mix up at one time, considering you may have to steep your mix. My everyday vape mix I make close to 100ml and have 3 to 6 , 10ml test mixes going on at one time. With all my diy mixes and some that I order premixed I would say I have between 300-400ml.

spark001uk

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
I wondered this too. I think ive got the recipe right with some small sample mixes, but for my first big mix im going to make no more than about 30ml, that way if i want to change something in a few weeks i wont have tons of the old mix go to waste. Ive noticed the tobacco mixes i made have improved in flavour over about a week, so i'll be bearing that in mind when making a new mix before i run out of the old. Im also finding glycerin BP a great cheaper alternative to shop bought VG theyre the same), see my other thread.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Okay, so you finally come up with your perfect mix or mixes. They taste the same each and every time. How much are you going to mix up at one time, considering you may have to steep your mix. ...

For my Tried and True recipes, I usualy will make 60ml at a time.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
My main vape is best after 2-3 weeks of steeping time, I vape about 6ml of it a day .. I mix one 120ml bottle of it every 3 weeks and that way I always have a supply that has already steeped. Plus I also have a few 30ml bottles of tobacco juices that I also vape a little of everyday, those require a 3-4 week too, so I always have 2 bottles of each of those .. one that has already steeped and is ready to vape and the other is newly made and has been set aside to steep.

Basically I just make sure to stay ahead of the steeping time by having some that is pre-steeped and ready to vape .. and others that are newly made and are in the steeping process. I do all my mixing in one session, once every 3 weeks, I mark the date on each new bottle, set them into the back of dark closet for a few weeks and shake them every few days.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I was about to post the same question, but thought I'd search and found this recent-ish thread.

I have one all-day-all-the-time vape (a blend involving three FA tobaccos) and I don't think I've mixed up more than 80ml at one time, which is about a month's supply, I guess. I'm real bad about procrastinating until the present supply is gone or nearly gone--meaning I often find myself vaping it unsteeped for a few days. But I do pre-mix larger amounts of the three flavors, so maybe some of the steeping is done already. I guess the only reason I don't mix more is fear of commitment: back when I was vaping commercially-made liquids, the sure way for me to fall out of love with a flavor was to order a couple hundred ml of it. And even now I occasionally change my nic level up or down and find it easier to start anew than to mess around with measuring and calculating to re-formulate an already-made mix.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I make 70mls each of my fave 4 tobacco flavors (Desert Ship, Cowboy, Generic tobacco, and 555). They're all super concentrated (suggested strength 1 - 2%) and I used to have to wait 2 - 3 weeks before vaping.

Or ...

Put the bottles in an ultrasonic cleaner and in 2 hours they're ready to go.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I just mixed six - 30 ml tobacco bases so I can make sure I have plenty but I think I will mix some 60 ml of 555 and Ry4 next. I had to order bigger bottles since I didn't have enough 30 ml bottles as it was. So, more smaller bottles and bigger bottles are on their way:)

I like tobaccos and they have to steep so I try to stay way ahead of the game.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
30ml... just one bottle at a time! This is partially because I enjoy mixing my juices so I get to do it more often, it also means that I can lower my nicotine more readily if and when I want to. This time round, I've gone for an 80/20 mix and used 7.5% Virginia and 7.5% Honey flavourings rather than my usual 70/30, 10%/5% mix to try it out as I'm needing a lot more TH since I dropped down to 8mg... I use about 2ml a day at the moment so when I get down to about 12ml, I'll know it's time to mix up some more and it'll be ripened in time to vape!x

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I usually mix in 30ml batches. Except butterscotch, my true ADV - that I mix in 120ml batches. Currently have one 120ml bottle in service and another steeping. I keep a 30ml dripper bottle of the stuff & refill it from the big batch. A heavy vaper using mostly one flavor will go through that juice QUICK

Brokil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Anonymus
For me, it all depends on what flavor I'm vaping. If it is my everyday Tobacco vape, I usually make about 50mL. If it is a fruity vape, I will make 30mL with a little malic acid to help keep the flavor strong and not fade from the juice. Anything more than that I feel would just sit too long and well I enjoy mixing up stuff to try and find new fav's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread