How much e-juice in your personal stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Being still new to the game, I've been stocking up on e-juice. I ensure that i have juice that is steeped and ready to be vaped within rotation and juice that is still steeping. It sucks running out of non-steeped juice. I noticed when i started dripping, i don't vape as much juice as i did when i used tanks. I've gone from 10ml-15ml a day via tank to 5ml a day via dripping on a 091 HH .357 long barrel. Currently, I've got about 300 ml of juice now sitting around from different vendors; AllAboutVapor, VirginVapor, ECblends, Liquid xpress, and AliceInVapeland. It seems that ECblends take the longest to steep.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Yea, everyone vapes differently, and consumption changes depending on what feed you're using/strength of liquid. I tend to hover around 7ml@18mg/day regardless of delivery method, chain vape since I can do it while working. My wife has to step out for vape breaks and only goes through ~0.5-1ml/day.

If you get into DIY you (probably) end up buying larger amounts of base to bring the costs down even more.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
I generally have between 100 and 300 mixed, and have supplies to make another ~1500-2000ml at my current strength.

How often do you stock up on supplies and what is your usual cost? By looking at your numbers, that is a years worth of juice for me, and you don't always have to wait for vapemail.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Note that I bought from Canadian suppliers, you'll definitely get better pricing.

Up front costs came out to ~200-250$ for 250ml@48mg, 500ml@60mg, PG and VG, ~300ml of assorted flavouring, bottles, syringes, etc.

Once you have a recipe you like it is very cost efficient, but I'd say my avg is .10/ml with experimenting. If I stop messing around with flavours and stick to a few recipes I know, it would cost me...~0.06/ml. Got glass bottles and utensils, they can be washed and re-used indefinitely. Cost a little more up front but will save in the long run.

I don't plan on buying more supplies for quite some time, and will only be getting more flavouring and PG/VG for thinning if anything. My nic base should last for ~1 year, assuming I don't start dropping my %.

No waiting on vapemail is true, but I wait on steeping. I usually start mixing new batches 1 week before I plan to run out of something.

Everyone talks about DIY and I'd like to get into it. What is the usual up front investment costs and how much do you actually save on per per say on X ml?

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Everyone talks about DIY and I'd like to get into it. What is the usual up front investment costs and how much do you actually save on per per say on X ml?

Using Wizard Labs, you can get started with 250ml of nic juice, 500ml PG, 500ml VG for about $40.
They sell 8ml flavor samples for $1.50.
Bottles, syringes, rubber gloves, all cheap.
Anything else you'd want ... cylinders, beakers, funnels.. Can be found there.

So in theory, you could start with at least 10 flavors, PG, VG, nic juice, bottles, syringes, rubber gloves, for $75 shipped. That includes 1,000ml of base and 250ml of nic juice.

For the initial question in the thread..
I keep >200ml mixed at all times. I'd feel better if it were >300ml. I skipped my mixing session this weekend.

Last edited:

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
I both DIY, and buy commercial. I have about 800ml/base, enough nic for twice that, and enough flavorings for much more. Plus I have about 800ml of commercial in various strengths, also refrigerated. I give a lot of juice to my employees though. I'll vape ~15 different flavors in a day, love the variety. Buying the commercial stuff gives me lots of DIY ideas, but I don't think I'll buy any more DIY stuff. Buying good commercial in quantity is getting cheaper and DIY isn't as fun, or satisfying, as I had hoped. I buy my commercial from AIV and from Ahlusion, and especially with Ahlusion, just can't DIY juice as good as that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have about 200ml on hand and already steeped. I just placed an order for another 195ml. I'm hoping that I won't have to buy anything for at least 3 weeks. Need to give my credit card a rest. Plus, I would like my spreadsheet to get back in the black again.

I don't DIY, just too lazy to figure it all out and I am soooo not a math person ;)

It takes a while to figure out about how much you will need on hand and all the steeping time, ship time etc. Once you get that part, it should be easier. The hardest part is when you miscalculate and run low, it is not like we can just go to the nearest gas station or store to pick up what we need. Maybe someday......but not in the foreseeable future.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
I have about 200ml on hand and already steeped. I just placed an order for another 195ml. I'm hoping that I won't have to buy anything for at least 3 weeks. Need to give my credit card a rest. Plus, I would like my spreadsheet to get back in the black again.

I don't DIY, just too lazy to figure it all out and I am soooo not a math person ;)

It takes a while to figure out about how much you will need on hand and all the steeping time, ship time etc. Once you get that part, it should be easier. The hardest part is when you miscalculate and run low, it is not like we can just go to the nearest gas station or store to pick up what we need. Maybe someday......but not in the foreseeable future.

Congrats on your thousandth post! I know exactly what you mean in trying to calculate shipping, steeping, and evaluating. Should I get a big bottle or small bottle, yada...yada?? And sucks when the juice hasn't steeped long enough when you've run out of everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread