The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How much e-juice in your personal stock

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by CharlieBrown, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Being still new to the game, I've been stocking up on e-juice. I ensure that i have juice that is steeped and ready to be vaped within rotation and juice that is still steeping. It sucks running out of non-steeped juice. I noticed when i started dripping, i don't vape as much juice as i did when i used tanks. I've gone from 10ml-15ml a day via tank to 5ml a day via dripping on a 091 HH .357 long barrel. Currently, I've got about 300 ml of juice now sitting around from different vendors; AllAboutVapor, VirginVapor, ECblends, Liquid xpress, and AliceInVapeland. It seems that ECblends take the longest to steep.

2. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    I generally have between 100 and 300 mixed, and have supplies to make another ~1500-2000ml at my current strength.

3. 317Vapers

317Vapers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Indiana
    holy cow. I thought I was vaping a lot at 1-2ml a day lol. I have one 30ml and 3-4 7ml bottles but just started 3 weeks ago. I have another 30 on its way and few more 7's

4. boog

boog Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    us
    I've got enough nic base to make 6 liters - usually buy flavorings in 120 ml bottles. I only vape what I mix myself

should be set for a while, I use ~5ml a day

I have ~250ml ready to vape

5. recidivus

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Yea, everyone vapes differently, and consumption changes depending on what feed you're using/strength of liquid. I tend to hover around 7ml@18mg/day regardless of delivery method, chain vape since I can do it while working. My wife has to step out for vape breaks and only goes through ~0.5-1ml/day.

If you get into DIY you (probably) end up buying larger amounts of base to bring the costs down even more.

6. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I suppose if I put it all in one container I have about enough juice to fill a Mason jar.
    Nice only living 5 minutes away from a vape shop. When I need more juice I just drive over and BS with friends for a while.

7. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2012
    Philly Burbs
    I've got about 75 mls of ejuice that I bought and about eight 10 ml trial batches that I've made myself...currently working my way through them. I've also got enough DIY supplies to last a half a year.

8. CharlieBrown

Sep 7, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Everyone talks about DIY and I'd like to get into it. What is the usual up front investment costs and how much do you actually save on per per say on X ml?

9. CharlieBrown

Sep 7, 2012
    Austin, TX
    How often do you stock up on supplies and what is your usual cost? By looking at your numbers, that is a years worth of juice for me, and you don't always have to wait for vapemail.

10. lesbot340

lesbot340 Full Member

Oct 18, 2012
    birmingham
    not enough!!! waiting for 3 packages!!!! running really low :(

11. recidivus

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Note that I bought from Canadian suppliers, you'll definitely get better pricing.

Up front costs came out to ~200-250$ for 250ml@48mg, 500ml@60mg, PG and VG, ~300ml of assorted flavouring, bottles, syringes, etc.

Once you have a recipe you like it is very cost efficient, but I'd say my avg is .10/ml with experimenting. If I stop messing around with flavours and stick to a few recipes I know, it would cost me...~0.06/ml. Got glass bottles and utensils, they can be washed and re-used indefinitely. Cost a little more up front but will save in the long run.

I don't plan on buying more supplies for quite some time, and will only be getting more flavouring and PG/VG for thinning if anything. My nic base should last for ~1 year, assuming I don't start dropping my %.

No waiting on vapemail is true, but I wait on steeping. I usually start mixing new batches 1 week before I plan to run out of something.

12. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Using Wizard Labs, you can get started with 250ml of nic juice, 500ml PG, 500ml VG for about $40.
    They sell 8ml flavor samples for $1.50.
    Bottles, syringes, rubber gloves, all cheap.
    Anything else you'd want ... cylinders, beakers, funnels.. Can be found there.

So in theory, you could start with at least 10 flavors, PG, VG, nic juice, bottles, syringes, rubber gloves, for $75 shipped. That includes 1,000ml of base and 250ml of nic juice.

For the initial question in the thread..
    I keep >200ml mixed at all times. I'd feel better if it were >300ml. I skipped my mixing session this weekend.

13. TTK

TTK Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN
    About 1 liter, with 40 % unmixed.

14. echofinder

echofinder Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Damascus, MD
    Currently have about 750ml on stock & maybe 400ml in raw materials in reserve. about 1/3 of that is free s*** from v-con and local meets. I am about to reduce the arsenal significantly, as I have just signed a non-proliferation treaty with a few other DIYers.

15. caffeinated

caffeinated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NH
    I don't do DIY, but I like to keep my next big bottles of juice on-hand, steeping in the cabinet corner. So, right now, (and typically), I have about 560ml in stock.

16. Moueix

Moueix Moved On

Aug 20, 2012
    Michigan and Iowa
    I both DIY, and buy commercial. I have about 800ml/base, enough nic for twice that, and enough flavorings for much more. Plus I have about 800ml of commercial in various strengths, also refrigerated. I give a lot of juice to my employees though. I'll vape ~15 different flavors in a day, love the variety. Buying the commercial stuff gives me lots of DIY ideas, but I don't think I'll buy any more DIY stuff. Buying good commercial in quantity is getting cheaper and DIY isn't as fun, or satisfying, as I had hoped. I buy my commercial from AIV and from Ahlusion, and especially with Ahlusion, just can't DIY juice as good as that.

17. Moueix

Moueix Moved On

Aug 20, 2012
    Michigan and Iowa
    THAT's funny!

18. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

I have about 200ml on hand and already steeped. I just placed an order for another 195ml. I'm hoping that I won't have to buy anything for at least 3 weeks. Need to give my credit card a rest. Plus, I would like my spreadsheet to get back in the black again.

I don't DIY, just too lazy to figure it all out and I am soooo not a math person ;)

It takes a while to figure out about how much you will need on hand and all the steeping time, ship time etc. Once you get that part, it should be easier. The hardest part is when you miscalculate and run low, it is not like we can just go to the nearest gas station or store to pick up what we need. Maybe someday......but not in the foreseeable future.

19. Charlie C

Charlie C Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I currently have about 60 bottles of commercial e liquid and 30 or so DIY bottles.
    Most taste like a dead camels urine but hey! Someone's gotta like it, right?

20. CharlieBrown

Sep 7, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Congrats on your thousandth post! I know exactly what you mean in trying to calculate shipping, steeping, and evaluating. Should I get a big bottle or small bottle, yada...yada?? And sucks when the juice hasn't steeped long enough when you've run out of everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.