How much per month did you spend smoking, and what do you spend it on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i used to spend about $230 per month on smokes. that was if i was smoking without any budget restraint on my habit, just keeping it going. if need be i could spend $120-175/month, but nothing below that.
i haven't hit a plateau for vaping costs quite yet, but i'm getting there. i maintain a pretty decent stockpile, and tend to buy a little more than i need so i don't have to worry about it. but now that it's been built i'm estimating my costs at $50-90/month. that much should maintain my stock, and give me a little room to try new things with.

zenoland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Central Florida
I was spending around $150 for smokes and that amount was going up closer to $200 at that time. After I found my PV of choice (REO) and its initial investment along with plastic bottles and batteries, I spend around $30 for juice and perhaps another $10-12 on atomizers per month. I did spend too much money trying out various PVs but not more than I would have spent for smokes.

Hittman1914

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2011
Louisville Ky
Roughly I'd spend 170.00 per month on smokes....I spend 0.00 on smokes now and alot on vaping BUT my spending on vaping will eventually decrease and I'll get down to saving some cash. I guarantee I wont spend 2,051.00 on vaping equipment and supplies in a years time.

LOL don't guarantee LOL.... I have spent close to 800.00 or maybe more.. And really don't think I'll stop buying anything I want..

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
About 150 a month. My wife and I talked it out after I got her interested in vaping and we decided to sink two months of up-front costs into vaping supplies to get us set up for a while.

We've had some missteps with needing a few things we didn't plan for (get backup cartos for your carto tanks, most definitely), figuring out my nic levels (I was uncomfortable until I upped from 12 to 18) and our juice tastes weren't anything like we expected, but fortunately we mostly bought sampler sizes until we knew we definitely liked a flavor. (I did have one misstep -- being a former clove smoker, I got 30ml of a generic Clove juice. Blew out my palate and an atty. Right in the trash.)

This may sound cheesy, but I feel like my wife and I having this discussion about investing in our health and change in lifestyle brought us closer together.

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
This may sound cheesy, but I feel like my wife and I having this discussion about investing in our health and change in lifestyle brought us closer together.

Not cheesy at all. Actually well said and I know what you're talking about. My wife of 39 years is and always has been a non-smoker so I certainly can imagine how you both feel.

1HitWonder

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
KY
Spent about $130 on ciggys. Now that I've got all my e-devices, which have paid for themselves by now, I spend about $50 - 75 on e-cig stuff.
I put myself on a budget and I have stuck to it by keeping a wish list. Then, at the end of the month when I get my paycheck, I get out the list and determine what I really need, add a few things I just want and make the purchases. My DH recently got an e-kit (after much protesting and me letting him think it was his idea) he reports the thing has already paid or itself. So yeah, great savings on vaping vs analog smoking.

wickedalibi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2010
montana
About $440 a month on camels. I took that money and did my current setup. I tried a bunch of sample juices for the first couple of months. The DH is so pleased that I get to take most of our tax refund and get a really nice start into DIY, a years worth of cartos, 20 attys, and a VMOD XL to try a bottom feeder (when they are back in stock). So I think in the next year my spending should be cut down quite a bit.

Mediaguy

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
MontrealQuebecCanada
I'm not there yet but according to this http://www.ecigbeat.com/electronic_...ate_what_youll_save_on_electronic_cigarettes/
I will be saving $1533 dollars a year when I start the vape...

Come Monday, come Monday... I'll let you know which I'm going for - It's either going to be a www,CanVape.com (Canadian like me and ain-country shipping) or Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette (same-day shipping turns me on) starter kit, either way with an automatic battery and pre-filled cartridges... I want to take it easy on myself...

Fifteen hundred bucks... man.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread