How much time do you spend on Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Has vaping become a lifestyle for you? Is your wife threating to leave you because you ignore the family and the dog to watch the latest episode of VapeTV? Even WWF was more preferable for them. At least it has commercial breaks when they could talk to you.

And I am not talking about the actual act of vaping, but all the other stuff that goes with it: DIY juices, rebuilding, and, last but not least researching and reading and occasionally posting or answering threads here on ECF? Or more than occasionally.......

The weather has been absolute crap these last few days. We can handle snow pretty well in W Michigan, but we have had sleet and ice lately. I almost did a triple summersault on my driveway yesterday while walking to the mailbox, but using my incredible athletic prowess, gracefully managed to turn to land on the snow with a spectacular belly flop. I had only salted the day before. Do you think it was time to salt again?

But my salt supply was dwindling, so I risked my awd Beemer and skidded and slid to get some more. First store, none and more of none. Each stop brought me closer to the heart of the main shopping drag into the heart of the last of the mad Christmas shoppers scurrying about like a swarm of piranhas gone nuts and just as dangerous.

Finally, at the Home Depot, I managed to grab a bag of salt off the last pallet while nearly getting involved in a store riot. Some little old lady actually tried to hijack my shopping cart while I turned my back to pick up some screws. I was having none of that since I was still smarting from my earlier fall. Fortunately, a friendly clerk backed me up. The woman had a mouth!!!! She must have been the madam at the local ..... house and did not want to lose any customers because of the ice.

It was turning into a bad hair day. Only, I don't have any!

After having a half dozen close calls skidding and sliding my way home, I decided to stay home, experiment with my RBA's, and miss two parties.

Nothing worked! Almost 8 hours yesterday, 6 hours Tuesday doing DIY juices. vaping had gone way past smoking cessation. I have gone over to the dark side.

How much time do you spend?

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
Ahhhh this made me laugh! I remember Iowa winters. ;)

To better answer your questions, I should direct you to my girlfriend, but she is SLEEPING, and not here on ecf. lol (as if that wasn't answer enough) I've learned to gauge the look in the eyes when talking about this stuff. It usually starts out as interested, then moves quickly to slightly glazed, then fully glazed and droopy. I know that if I hit fully glazed and droopy more than 2 or 3 times in a day, that irritation is going to follow. lol Don't get me wrong, she fully supports me, but it isn't her thing. And for the record, i tend to get way more "involved" in many of my hobbies than some people. lol

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
The majority of people on here seem as though they have some sort of "vape budget". As for myself - I don't. If I have the money and the purchase won't affect being able to pay for something more important then I will buy it. Regardless if it is £20 or £200.

I spend around 2 hours a day on ECF in the evening. Maybe another hour of so if I'm rebuilding my various set-ups.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I spend a lot of time looking for the best deal on things. I can't stand the idea of buying something and then two minutes later, finding a better deal. This appears to happen a lot in the vaping world, and it's driving me into an obsession. My goal is to have dependable, decent, equipment while staying under the biweekly cig budget. Considering that the cig budget involved packs at $14 a pop for two people who smoked a pack a day, I have yet to go over that budget thankfully. However, no I've got an eye on the Provari....

TheVapingJester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Jackson Missouri
I have allowed vaping to be a full time hobby. I find myself looking on ECF and vendor sites more than I care to admit. There are just so many great toys, and I enjoy making and trying juices and rebuilding my setups. I stopped trying to justify my actions, so now when I am asked why I spend so much time researching and playing with vape gear, I just say I have no idea. some sort of anomaly perhaps? It truly is an addiction, of sorts. But I am OK with that :)

Truetopath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Lake View, NY
I usually try to rebuild when my wife and kids are out and about, and I spend probably 1-2 hours on ECF per day scattered throughout the day. I don't really keep track of my time spent, but it's more than smoking and far more enjoyable.

CASAA member 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I have allowed vaping to be a full time hobby. I find myself looking on ECF and vendor sites more than I care to admit. There are just so many great toys, and I enjoy making and trying juices and rebuilding my setups. I stopped trying to justify my actions, so now when I am asked why I spend so much time researching and playing with vape gear, I just say I have no idea. some sort of anomaly perhaps? It truly is an addiction, of sorts. But I am OK with that :)

I think a better answer is "because I enjoy it"! I will never understand why some people want to question what others are doing. Does there have to be a reason? If it doesn't affect you why worry about it? As long as I take care of my obligations, if I spend all my "free time" doing vape related things, it should not matter to anyone. That said I hope within a year I will have everything as I want it and can just have "X" amount of time to DIY and of course interact on ECF. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread