Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I like to mix up at least a one month supply of our all day vape. As we now have a friend also using it, that's around 400ml/month. Depending on the size nic bottle I have in storage, I sometimes make a bigger batch, leaving most of it in the fridge until it's needed. Life's a little less complicated mixing once a month or so!:thumbs:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm one of the few that just vape the same old thing day after day.my question is, what ever the flavors you mix(how much) I'm relearning how long a liter can take to vape.;)

For Mrs. Izan and myself, I make 1000ml of 10mg/ml, 10% TPA D-RY4 using 100mg/ml freebase and premixed liters of 80%VG/20%PG.
The D-RY4 needs 30 plus days of aging so mixing a large batch helps to ensure a constant supply of mature, ready to vape liquid.

1000ml also makes mixing a breeze:
I add 100ml of PG based flavoring,
I add 100ml of 100mg/ml VG based nicotine and finally,
800ml of 80/20 premix.
Cap, shake it and store.
I shake it weekly until it's needed.
1000ml will last us about 10 months or so.
Cost is approx 50-60 Euro per batch.

HTH
Cheers
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I used to buy a liter of bulk peppermint eliquid at a time and it would last me about 10 months, stored at room temp. It was fine the whole time although the nicotine started to oxidize after about 3 months (clear peppermint eliquid would have a tint of yellow). But the taste was the same from start to finish.

I mix it myself now but I mix less. No reason, I just mix less. About 250ml at a time. Only reason I used to buy 1 liter at a time was to save money. Was a lot cheaper to buy 1 liter than to buy 250ml or 500ml.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I make myDIY RY2 in batches of 1000ml normally around 6 months before i need it. It's kept at room temperature. Once i start using a new batch i get around 9 months out of the litre. I guess that means that i am vaping liquid well over a year old from when first mixed. I would probably hate the taste of a fresh batch at this point !

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'm one of the few that just vape the same old thing day after day.my question is, what ever the flavors you mix(how much) I'm relearning how long a liter can take to vape.;)

it really depends on how much you vape..

I made 440 ml of my favorite juice a few weeks ago and 100ml is gone already - but in my defense I started vaping it prior to it being done steeping.. haha

I generally keep around 800-1000 ml mixed because my mixes last well, and I dislike constant mixing.

Other people really enjoy mixing a lot, and prefer to mix smaller batches more frequently.

You sound like your more similar to a mixer like me, so a liter of mixed base (vg, pg, and nicotine at your preferred concentrations) and then enough recipes (flavors only) separate and only mix flavors and base together when you start running low (like DIY one shots) until your settled in how much it takes to keep you going for 6-8 months at a time of vaping.

hope you can understand all that... haha

basically what your doing is making one shots that take a little less time to steep... and avoid mixing large amounts until you know an accurate use level. I stay on a mix once every 6-8 month course when possible.

you can adapt any ejuice recipe you have to 100% flavor for use as a one shot, and then mix it with your base at whatever percentage you prefer (5%, 10% etc) when your closer to actually needing to use it.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Dutchess County, New York
    Damn. I see my problem. I need to mix much bigger batches. I was doing 100 or maybe 200, but now I'll have to find some bigger bottles, do it big, and not so often.

Especially these days, where my premade supply might disappear at any time.

Great question, @retired2020

(oh, and great responses, too!!!!)

:)

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I mix most things at 500ml's. For most of those, between the wife and I, with about 6 different flavored mixes, each of those will last last about 3 months or more.
    I do make one thing for the wife at 250ml's, her Peppermint! She loves that stuff, but even then, she might take 6 months to use up that 250 and last time I made 2 batches, put the 2nd into a brown boston round and hid it away .

Now I mix just for myself 2 different mixes which are basically both my ADV. A Mocha and cream which I use about a 3rd of the day and a Double Chocolate (2% Double Chocolate and 1% Bavarian cream) which is always with me and my preferred flavor. While I still mix them at 500ml's, It will take me 2 months to go through the Mocha one, yet I'll end up mixing another 500ml's of the Double chocolate in a month or less. Guess I need to start a liter on that one.....

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Just curious, what peppermint flavor do you use to mix her juice and what %?
    Just to interject (is that a word?) You might want to try LB (liquid barn) white chocolate peppermint. It's a "one shot" so mix high % (5-10%) It's so good (trust me on this) Smooth, rich and a nice balance of mint to creamy white chocolate.

Reactions: newyork13

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I tend to try new flavors and new recipes often so just mix small batches (with the exception of my tobacco mix and cheesecake) Soon. I would like to settle in on a few favorite recipes so will start making larger batches. If I do that, I will mix a large batch but put some in a handy smaller bottle for everyday use (and store the rest in the fridge... it's really hot here and my room is one of the hottest in the house) Still (to me) a large batch is like 50-100 ml. Can't really imagine doing a liter. Maybe in the winter. It is really much easier to mix large batches (can do it all by volume... no scale needed) but for now, I love my scale for the smaller batches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread