how often do you clean / wash your RTA / RDA / RTDA or sub-ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Hi,

Well, I like to discuss the cleaning topic, how often do you clean / wash your atomizers and also how do you?

well, I like to clean / wash every month my top tanks, like zeus, creed and themis RTA, so for the rda’s, thanks god a close friend have a shop and an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner for all customers use, so I try to take advantage of this every month, take all apart, wash with just water and little to say nothing … hand soap, then they are washed into that UJC pot for 3 cycles, nothing could beat Ultra Sonic Jewelry Cleaners!

Regards,

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I actually don't do anthing else other than to wipe the mouthpieces after use inside and out, and wipe the threads of the connection with tissues. Again I just screw up a tissue and wipe below where the coils go when I change coils.

I have to confess some of my atomisers are over three years old and they genuinely have never had anything else.

I'm probably doing it all wrong.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Hello P3ch3, as and when required is my method.

And US jewellery cleaners, blech. You need access to a low end commercial one with Degas (cycle that removes gas from solution and makes cleaning more effective) and heater, much better and quicker.
interesting to know, gotta take a research and see if is available on my country,

Gentle Smoke, with an Ammit 25. I'm rewicking quite a lot, the damm thing mocks me with airlocking.

But for real basic, just run under hot water to remove liquid residue.
another well known technique, my friends do that mostly,

I actually don't do anthing else other than to wipe the mouthpieces after use inside and out, and wipe the threads of the connection with tissues. Again I just screw up a tissue and wipe below where the coils go when I change coils.

I have to confess some of my atomisers are over three years old and they genuinely have never had anything else.

well, we all have different preferences, thats all, maybe you should just do a quick wash with hot water and so,

Regards,

Reactions: stols001

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I have three mods and atomizers in rotation. Each runs for one full battery charge and I then use another. I use unflavored, max VG eliquid.

Essentially, I never 'clean' my atomizers. About once a month or longer, my rayon wicks get changed, though there is no real schedule for that. When I do that, I may dry burn the coil and maybe brush off a little residue if any is left on the coil or in the deck area.

Occasionally, I'll empty the last little bit of eliquid in a tank onto a napkin if it looks slightly dark. Unflavored eliquid doesn't darken much. If I've got the tank off for dry burning the coil, I might run a twisted up corner of a napkin through the inside of the tank. Coils rarely need changing.

I do get some condensation at the top of my atomizers where the tip plugs in. I'll occasionally stick the corner of a napkin in there to sop that up. And maybe a twisted corner inside the tip. I suppose over a year an atomizer might get casually rinsed under the tap once or twice.

Vaping life has gotten much simpler since I've gone to unflavored juice and I rarely suffer shinnyitus pangs. I hold the flavor-hardware complex at arm's distance.

Last edited:

jwill

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 17, 2019
Houston, Texas
cloudist.store
Ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water for anything used or new coming in or anything that just managed to get gross, rinse under warm water during rewick and dry burn for regular use. Frequency based on need. Also use some food grade lubricant that is a vape miracle from Amazon. Keeps everything snug as a bug but separable and O-rings nice and happy. Mods get cleaned with a product from Amazon called homewood organic cleaner, non toxic and works like a charm. Initial rub out in soft terry and final in a silver polishing rag.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I'm in the same camp as @Cool-breeze; for most of the last three and a bit years my tanks have run on unflavoured or menthol liquids and they really don't gunge up.

Everybody has their own ideas and favourite flavours - me, when I find something I like I do tend to stick with it; after all I'm the man who smoked the same three pipe tobaccos from 1974 until the said three and a bit years ago.

Still and all, it's very interesting to see what others do.

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
I like things sparkly. Normally I use two rda's, one for work and one for home. Each one has it's coil switched twice a week. Before that, everything (except PEEK insulators) gets taken apart. In winter I then run all the parts under hot water (in summer I agitate them in a bowl of hot water) before a fresh coil goes in. I finish by blowing the water out and using a microfiber cloth to dry everything off nicely.

Now that I'm mainly using unflavoured juice, I sometimes skip the halfweekly cleaning. No rda ever stays dirty for more than a week though. I really enjoy rebuilding so I make sure to make time for it once a week at least and I hate having juicy fingers while doing so.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I cover mine in bacon grease and leave it out for the cat to lick clean. The little burrs on her tongue get into even the tightest nooks and crannies of the atomizer. And if she pop’s a tic-tac prior, I get a nice minty fresh smelling atty!

Joking aside, I don’t really have a schedule. If changing flavours or re-wicking, it gets rinsed under hot water. If I feel extra effort is granted, will give it a nice soapy scrub and rinse.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I cover mine in bacon grease and leave it out for the cat to lick clean. The little burrs on her tongue get into even the tightest nooks and crannies of the atomizer. And if she pop’s a tic-tac prior, I get a nice minty fresh smelling atty!

Joking aside, I don’t really have a schedule. If changing flavours or re-wicking, it gets rinsed under hot water. If I feel extra effort is granted, will give it a nice soapy scrub and rinse.

Urban legend indicates peanut butter would be better than bacon grease....

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I have three mods and atomizers in rotation. Each runs for one full battery charge and I then use another. I use unflavored, max VG eliquid.

Essentially, I never 'clean' my atomizers. About once a month or longer, my rayon wicks get changed, though there is no real schedule for that. When I do that, I may dry burn the coil and maybe brush off a little residue if any is left on the coil or in the deck area.

Occasionally, I'll empty the last little bit of eliquid in a tank onto a napkin if it looks slightly dark. Unflavored eliquid doesn't darken much. If I've got the tank off for dry burning the coil, I might run a twisted up corner of a napkin through the inside of the tank. Coils rarely need changing.

I do get some condensation at the top of my atomizers where the tip plugs in. I'll occasionally stick the corner of a napkin in there to sop that up. And maybe a twisted corner inside the tip. I suppose over a year an atomizer might get casually rinsed under the tap once or twice.

Vaping life has gotten much simpler since I've gone to unflavored juice and I rarely suffer shinnyitus pangs. I hold the flavor-hardware complex at arm's distance.
pretty interesting, vaping cuz not smoking at its finest, i guess i wont be that satisfying from me, thanks for the input indeed,

Ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water for anything used or new coming in or anything that just managed to get gross, rinse under warm water during rewick and dry burn for regular use. Frequency based on need. Also use some food grade lubricant that is a vape miracle from Amazon. Keeps everything snug as a bug but separable and O-rings nice and happy. Mods get cleaned with a product from Amazon called homewood organic cleaner, non toxic and works like a charm. Initial rub out in soft terry and final in a silver polishing rag.
another interesting idea, cleaning mods, since i just take apart my mechs and try to clean contacts and conection parts,

I like things sparkly. Normally I use two rda's, one for work and one for home. Each one has it's coil switched twice a week. Before that, everything (except PEEK insulators) gets taken apart. In winter I then run all the parts under hot water (in summer I agitate them in a bowl of hot water) before a fresh coil goes in. I finish by blowing the water out and using a microfiber cloth to dry everything off nicely.

Now that I'm mainly using unflavoured juice, I sometimes skip the halfweekly cleaning. No rda ever stays dirty for more than a week though. I really enjoy rebuilding so I make sure to make time for it once a week at least and I hate having juicy fingers while doing so.
rebuilding is passion, is relax, agree there,

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

I wipe them off on my pants leg when I oversquonk, your doing better than me :)

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Wash out under the tap with hot water and wipe with twisted up paper towel when I rewick. The parts on the deck under the coil get a wash and wipe when I change the coil. Dismantle the deck parts for a deep clean when I feel like it, maybe once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread