How often do you clean your Kanger's and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have found my vaping zone with the BC's, although I use RBA Genesis style at home/office at times. Only started rebuilding coils last night for the BC's and am experimenting with different setups. Not a high wattage person, so I tend to keep everything in the 10-12 range with my vv/vw mods. Interested to see if there is any difference between Ekowool, silica, cotton

But with my stock coil/wicks (some of which are undoubtedly of dubious origin like fasttech), I find that I have to rinse the tank and wick after vaping a tank, otherwise they start to taste a bit funky. I have a bunch: evod's, T3's, mini's and PT I/II. It really does not seem to make much of a difference what head I put in there.

Other than the gurgling which I get when the tank is down to less than a 1/4 full, I have had zero issues with leaking.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I only clean the whole clearo when I am switching flavors in it. I have never experienced this, but a cleaning would also be in order if the wick had gone bad and started imparting a burnt or nasty flavor into the juice in the tank.

To clean the coils, I heat up some water in the microwave (~150º). I rinse the used head under tap water and blow it out as best I can. Then, I soak the head in the hot water for an hour. Remove it, blow it out, and repeat the hot water soak 2-3 times. Then I let the head air dry overnight. Note: Distilled water is preferred, but tap water works fine for me.

Others will use a vodka or Everclear(PGA) soak instead of the hot water. In this case, you only need to saok it for about half an hour to break up any gunk on the coil. Rinse with water and dry.

Here is a video about cleaning the heads in vodka. Skip to 11:00 for the good stuff.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I rinse and change wick as needed when switching flavors or the taste or vapor is off. I use cotton and have gotten so used to it, I can rewick faster than I can dig a new head out of my stash.

If I have the same flavor in a tank for several days I'll give the tank a quick rinse if I'm near a sink when it's refill time.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I have mini pt2's so disasembly and reassembly is a snap.

I clean and rinse the PT2's in hot water after every tank. I have three in rotation. Each week I replace the heads. After about two to three weeks, I take the "replaced heads" and boil them in water for 5 minutes. I then put them back into rotation. Haven't had to recoil or throw away a head yet....

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
I have 10+ evods, 1 protank 2 and 1 protank 2 mini in my rotation, and I'll refill them 2-3 times before they get set aside to clean. The tanks themselves get a hot tap water rinse, while the heads are rinsed, then left to soak in vodka for an hour or so, then rinsed again. Then I'll let everything dry overnight. It's worked well for me so far! I only recently started rebuilding with 32 gauge kanthal and cotton yarn a few weeks ago, haven't had to replace anything in those yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread