• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How often you clean/ rebuild your RBA, ATTY....etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
i clean my RSST and Protank2 once every 3-4 tanks of liquid.

just run under water, rinse out the tank, soak for a few minutes, rinse again and then dry with a clean towel. then i do a dry-burn.

havent had to recoil my RSST since i built it up. the steel mesh looks clean. after dry-burning, the residue either burns off as well, or some whitish ash that i brush off lightly. using #500 mesh with 32AWG. i adjust my coils a little with a thin tip screwdriver to get even glow. after cleaning, the mesh and coil look pretty good.. havent found a reason to recoil yet.

for the Protank 2, same method as above. but i prefer to recoil silica wick once a week. find that it gets gunked up a lot faster than the rba.

i use a cheapo pen torch flame to prep my silica wick/kanthal/steel mesh. i burn the silica until it glows. i find this works a whole lot better than boiling. cos after boiling for like 15 minutes or so, i still get the silica wick taste. if i use a torch flame, the Protank is good to go with some fresh liquid.

if there is leftover juice in the tank, i syringe it out first. i "test" the leftover fluid by dropping a few drops on the cleaned coils; if the taste is lacking then i dump it (but of course, the lacking taste could be due to some leftover water in the wick..).

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
When I notice a performance or flavor change I clean it. It depends on what wick I am using how/when that is done but always involves dry burning the coil, rinsing it and either changing the wick or firing until the wick is dry if it is a durable wick. If it was cotton or bamboo, I just rewick the clean coil. My favorite wick of the month is the xc-116, that lasts until the coil itself implodes, weeks and weeks, so it needs to be dry fired and cleaned at a minimum once a week I guess?

comwboiboi

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
FineCity
just rinse lol

Attachments

• cc9cd12f-ab0c-4dde-ae33-e7d5a96e241c_zps935404c9.jpg
    cc9cd12f-ab0c-4dde-ae33-e7d5a96e241c_zps935404c9.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.