Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings,

I usually consume the 2mg mint losenges while at work but was having a specially difficult day of it and grabbed my mod+tank and headed for the "Smoking Area".

I used "quotes" as I was surprised that 4 out of 5 (including myself) were vaping and only one person was actually smoking a cigarette. I don't know if this was typical or not as it was my 1st visit to the area.

What is it like where you work? Still more smokers than vapor's or are the vapor's taking over?

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2012
    I'm lucky working from home so I don't have to worry about vaping bans. However, I do have to visit my workplace once a week and my office manager is pretty cool and allows me to vape in my office. I think out of a hundred or so people that work there I've only seen 2 or 3 that vape. But I have seen quite a few of the students on campus vaping. Most of them are mech mod users as that is the cool vaping thing for the late teen and 20-somethings that dominate the college campus. I walk by with my iStick and Nautilus tank and they are like, "C'mon Doctor J, when are you gonna buy a mech mod and come chuck some clouds with us?" I simply reply, "Never" and keep on walking :lol: Sorry kids, I'm waaaaay past doing what is cool in your eyes, but if you got some good juice I'd consider trying it :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rotowoman

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    84 People where i work.
    4 Vapers
    12 Smokers of which 4 occasionally vape also.
    Interestingly the majority of smokers are young (under 25) and all the vapers are older (over 40).
    Obviously we are all treated (vapers & smokers) like social outcasts and are uniformly despised by the non users because of our 'extra break time'. This hatred does not extend to the shirkers and the outright lazy though. (sorry, bit of a rant moment).
    :mad:

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Vaping is treated as smoking where I work.

On my shift/department one(1) smoker left.

Everything from little bitty box mods with Nautilus on through TC boxes with tanks and 200w boxes chuckin cloudz bro.

Everybody gets along great and we get to try lots of new gear. Our guru has been vaping for like 5 years so she gives us all hope. She's real old school but little by little I notice she's got a 50w box now and askes me all the time about my stuff. So we grow, she grows, we all grow. Another co worker turned me on to TC.

Its nice at work too because on the innernet we have alot of people living in extreme poverty that somehow could afford to smoke. These poor people can't afford a 100 mod. Well at work we all know how much we make so if something shiny catches you eye go buy it. At work I know you can afford it so dry your eyes and buy it. A year ago we where all smoking 20 bucks a day but know a K-Box is expensive??

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I work for a small company with three employees, two smokers and me, a vaper...so I guess it is in a sense quite popular...33% of us do it...

lol...exact same percentage as my office ! ( 3 of us there too )

But I vape at my desk and the other 2 neither smoke nor vape.

Reactions: cinetrope

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2013
    There are about 40 people I work with, and about a dozen of them vape. Most of them smoke, some smoke and vape. I'm the only one who vapes something other than an ego battery and clearo. Three of them have asked to try my mech and genny, and were amazed. One of those wants me to teach him to build gennies, and make his own juice.

Reactions: Reaper263

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 13, 2013
    Central Oregon
    We have a crew of ten. Three of us were smokers and have all gone to vaping and don't smoke at all. We are part of a large company and while they do not officially condone vaping at work, they recognized us in a company wide memo for our success at quitting smoking by using ecigs. Pretty cool.

Reactions: vapeydave
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread