How sells the harshest nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
I am all about the TH. Last time I ordered nic I got a huge quantity from rts, and regretted for months now. Its a very mellow TH and I'd had to almost double my nic dosage to get the burn of a nice TH.
I remember reading a thread that rated the nics by TH and other qualities.. so who has the harshest nic on the market.. which one has the best TH?

Lopaka79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Maui
Have you tried testing RTS nic with a nic tester? I've only tried wizard labs, rts and my freedom smokes nic. They are all similar in color, flavor and th IMO. Also did you purchase a PG or VG carrier?

I forget the vendor that sold way over-strength liquid nic that was advertised as 100mg but ended up being tested with larger nic content.

Lopaka79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Maui
I can only advise to test the nic your purchasing. Good health is my first concern when buying ejuice products, so I like to review lab results from any vendor. That's not to say a vendor can't drop the ball and make a mistake. The last problem I saw from RTS was discoloration due to someone in house not properly storing product. He/she was let go due to the error made and a public apology was given. It's too bad you don't have some of your old nic to test as well. If I had to guess, your original nic was more potent than advertised or your RTS nic was weaker than advertised.

Back to lab results, I have run across vendors where heavy metals are found to be in larger % than others. I can't vouch for those vendors since I decided to steer clear from them.

One last thing I tell all my friends and associates is don't chase juice. Finding a better PV setup is the other half of the battle. Have you jumped into genesis attys? In my experience it gives the biggest TH when properly setup. PITA when starting, just don't give up and you'll be in vaping heaven.

Lopaka79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Maui

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Have you tried testing RTS nic with a nic tester? I've only tried wizard labs, rts and my freedom smokes nic. They are all similar in color, flavor and th IMO. Also did you purchase a PG or VG carrier?

I forget the vendor that sold way over-strength liquid nic that was advertised as 100mg but ended up being tested with larger nic content.

that would be Box Elder.

Ehvam, (as you know) avoid RTS. its notorious for having the worst TH in the business. much like yourself, i am also a TH fanatic. ive spent a lot of time finding the harshes juices, flavorings, and delivery systems possible.

i do highly recommend a genesis-style RBA. i was a 24mg vaper before my gennys. now im 18-20 (with no decrease in TH. more, actually). and im even able to pull a significant TH from some 12mg juices from my AGA-T2. its astounding.

but anyway, personally id try Vaping Zone's nic. im already all stocked up on Wizard Labs nic so i wont be buying more nic any time soon, but if i were, VZ might get my money. however it is notable how excellent WL prices are. i currently use WL and am pleased with the TH. and judging my CyrusVap's extremely comprehesive study, looks like i chose a winner.

good luck to you and may you have the Hit of a thousand Throats. :)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
huge throat hit in nic is often times the case of oxidation....good quality fresh nic will often not have much throat nic....leave your nic open to air and it will be harsh....i think what you are looking for is nic that has sat on the shelf forever before you got it lol.

interesting!

now that i think about it, stale cigarettes always hit better (to me) than fresh cigarettes. every time i bought a pack i would take them out "to let em breathe", kinda like decanting a bottle of red wine to "open it up" LOL

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
...You all are talking about comparing nic juice from different vendors in the same base at the same concentration, right?

It's only supposed to have two/three ingredients in it at precise percentages. Given that I really hope the difference between them is the amount of time they sat there before purchase.

I mean... is anyone else disturbed that there's a difference at all??? They should be identical products.

Has anyone that's made these observations also tested the nicotine concentration to make sure they're really comparing apples to apples?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Have you read the comparison thread?

Nicotine is a fairly reactive compound. If all extractions were identical then all testing data would be identical instead of varying from batch to batch.

VG has to be 99.5% pure and without a certain list of contaminates to be USP, but you can find 99.7% VG and various viscosities. Each has a different taste. There is no reason to assume that a more reactive compound like nicotine wouldn't be even more various. Also remember these folks are tasting with no flavorings to mask anything. Vaping non-flavored juice has been known to heighten the sense of taste too.

Bourbon has a specific recipe and barrel aging, but different bourbons taste different. The distiller may credit their special strains of yeast or the type of soil the red wheat is grown or any host of seemingly minor factors, but the evidence of different tastes reveals tiny things can make a difference.

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
Bourbon has a specific recipe and barrel aging, but different bourbons taste different. The distiller may credit their special strains of yeast or the type of soil the red wheat is grown or any host of seemingly minor factors, but the evidence of different tastes reveals tiny things can make a difference.

I understand your point, but it still surprises me that there's anything different between them besides age. I would expect the nicotine extraction process would eliminate variation in the nicotine concentration in the tobacco being used. I would expect propylene is propylene is propylene. What soil the tobacco grew in or who ran the exctraction machine shouldn't matter.

If Bourbon was expected to have three specfic ingredients in it and nothing more, I'd be scared of Bourbon that didn't taste the same. I thought nic liquid was more like vodka, where consistency and purity are the point.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Glycerin USP must be at least 99.5% glycerin to be USP. In order to assure that Glycerin USP meets this specification, producers like Humco actually produce 99.7% glycerin. This gives them a little margin for error during production. I have seen documentation from Humco that confirms that their Glycerin USP is actually 99.7%.

Virtually any bottle of Glycerin USP that you can find in a US drug store is made by Humco. The CVS Glycerin USP or Walmart Glycerin USP is the same product: Humco with a different store brand lable.

The missing percentage for Glycerin USP is water.

Factory sealed bottles from Humco have a very long shelf life. My newest bottles are expiration dated 11/2017.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I recently tried a bunch of nics . .WL Ice and Regular, RTS, Xtreme Vaping and MFS. Out of those - for my money, MFS is the "harshest". It does give me the biggest th - but also, as Jimi D said, kills the apparent sweetness in my recipes.

When I'm really after a big throat hit - I'll vape the MFS unflavored except some menthol mixed with as high PG as possible (my nic is 100mg, 100% VG).

The thing I've noticed about throat hit is I seem to become "accustomed" to it . . so it might give me a big throat hit at first, but eventually the effect of the th becomes less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread