How smart is the 306?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike306

May 28, 2010
Denver, CO
I know some people have mentioned a battery cutoff. Others have said they haven't noticed one.

I was wondering what your experiences have been with the various features of the 306.

Here's what I've noticed:
If the atty is totally cold, the cutoff seems to be around 5 seconds.
If the atty is hot, the cutoff is much shorter (< 3 seconds)

Has anyone had the warning light for > 15 drags in under a minute? My manual says there's such a feature, but I haven't gotten that to happen. I wonder if it's because I haven't accurately tested this. It would require more than 1 drag every 4 seconds.

Has anyone run into the cleaning feature that supposedly occurs after 1500 drags on one atty? My guess is that it just pulses power on and off in order to cook off any impurities.

I have run into the lower battery shut-off feature. I've been trying to properly cycle my batteries, so I've been smoking on them right up to the shut-off. Has anyone noticed a shortened battery life due to incomplete cycles?

Thanks!

Mike

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I know some people have mentioned a battery cutoff. Others have said they haven't noticed one.

I was wondering what your experiences have been with the various features of the 306.

Here's what I've noticed:
If the atty is totally cold, the cutoff seems to be around 5 seconds.
If the atty is hot, the cutoff is much shorter (< 3 seconds)

Has anyone had the warning light for > 15 drags in under a minute? My manual says there's such a feature, but I haven't gotten that to happen. I wonder if it's because I haven't accurately tested this. It would require more than 1 drag every 4 seconds.

Has anyone run into the cleaning feature that supposedly occurs after 1500 drags on one atty? My guess is that it just pulses power on and off in order to cook off any impurities.

I have run into the lower battery shut-off feature. I've been trying to properly cycle my batteries, so I've been smoking on them right up to the shut-off. Has anyone noticed a shortened battery life due to incomplete cycles?

Thanks!

Mike

Hey Mike sorry i wish i could help ya. i just vape them and blow them out once in awhile. i dont care about all this other stuff. I got very tired of fidling with e-cigs. so i just try to enjoy the vape and i am very happy with the 306 atty both regular and Low Resistance. and btw the ohm reading is very close between the regular 306 and the LR 306

Mike306

May 28, 2010
Denver, CO
Hey, cos. Thanks for the reply. So, then, are you using the standard auto battery or are you just using the atty on a different setup? In the battery is where the intelligence is going to be located. I haven't had any trouble with my battery, but I'll probably be getting a couple 501 manuals in a little bit for the control and the longer battery life.

The only trouble I've had with the 306 so far is that towards the end of a session (I drip exclusively), I'll get one or two drags with zero TH but with plenty of vapor. Then, the next hit is an acrid, metalic burn in the back of my mouth and upper throat. I think it's probably just a learning curve thing, but man is that unpleasant!

On a low resistance atty, I would imagine that the end-of-session burn would be reduced. But the low resistance atty, per same battery, should also be producing less heat. Are you getting less vapor/flavor in your LR? How close is close? If it's within a couple ohms or so, my guess is that it would be difficult to distinguish, but I'm unfamiliar with temp increase due to current decrease in these devices.

Thanks!

Mike

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hey Mike
i did a ohm test before and here is what i got and where i got them at.
.Regular 306 atty 2.1 ohms of res bought from Rocky Mt Vapor
Low Res 306 atty 1.6 ohms of res bought from Nhaler very high quality

even those there is a difference with Ohm readings to me they taste kinda the same so very close. if you asked me which 1 i like better i would say i dont know i like both same amount. anyway thats how close they are imo of course.
Mike i dont have any 510 batterys or 306 batteries which is the same anyway. I use the 306 regular atty on my KR808 280 mah battery with an adapter so i can screw the 306 atty on that. pretty powerfull. also have a Xlong KR808 battery mah 380 and that kicks .... also.
of course these KR808 batteries are for the regular 306 atty as you need over 450 mah to use the LR 306 atty so i use my mods for the LR atty.
the burn taste at the end is it gets dry and then you get that lousy taste. i keep mine wet. very wet. If you use a LR atty you have to keep it very wet por they will pop. and i dont get any juice in my mouth either. i drip 5 drops on the 306 atty take a few puffs then drip few more drops so i am good for about 8 good heavy hits then i start agaiun.
Hope this helps you in your questions. I do love this atty very much. it can handle 6 volts very well. Others pop way too quick but this baby can handle it.
ok gotta run later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread