How to avoid burnt taste with an iClear 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinz

Oct 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Hey all,

So I've had my MVP 2.0 for about 10 days now, and I could not be happier. It came with an iClear 30 which so far I have been enjoying. Occasionally it will have a dry/burnt taste that I'm sure you're all familiar with. It doesn't happen too much, but when it does it is unpleasant. Currently I just sort of tilt my MVP a little to get more juice to the wick and that works, but sometimes only for a few drags. Sometimes I just top off the tank and that does the trick as well. I want to find out what you guys do to fix this problem. I want to know how to get consistent flavor regardless of how full the tank is. I don't mind having to tilt it but sometimes juice will leak out when I do this and every once in a while gets in my mouth.

Thanks!

- Phinz

I'd suggest unscrewing the top, empty the fluid, unscrew the 'tank,' remove the silicone cover from the head [you should then see the coil], rinse and dry all of it, then dry burn it. i think the coils accumulate residue from firing and need to be cleaned by dry burning once in a while. you'll get more use from heads, i've used mine many times but still end up getting the burnt taste after a while. also, keep the tank filled to the 3 mil line - it wants to stay WET. SOOO, i now use protanks which i feel is a step up. i have an MVP V1 and V2 and use a Protank 1 and 2 with very good success. just received my first RBA, an IGO-L and cannot describe the difference from cartos and tanks - real, smooth, clean flavor [finally] and big clouds. i now keep my iclear's for combining my cheap untasty fluid. sorry, but that's been my experience.

Jay Swigga

Oct 31, 2013
Clementon, NJ
I'm in the same boat! Just got my mvp 2.0 the other day. I've been using clearos since I started vaping earlier this year. In that time I used the Kanger T2 (Still a fave), Vision Victory, Oakley Gemini and the Kanger t3s (another fave). I was SO AMPED to try out the iclear 30. I rinsed it clean before adding any juice, patted the wicks totally dry and did my first fill. First few hits were amazing, then after 10 minutes I got the worst, harshest burnt plastic taste I've ever experienced. That was only at 8 watts. I know now that these things ironically can only take up to about 7.5 watts or maybe 3.7 volts. I got mine from FastTech so maybe the long shipping time from Hong Kong made the wicks extra "stale" but from reading other peoples results I think it's just the way it's going to be with these.

I'm so terrified of that bad taste that I already gave up. Started vaping some boge cartos I had laying around and was reminded what true flavor is supposed to taste like. Ordered a Boge f17 tank, got it today...and MAN. Best vape I've ever had! Pure taste, lovely throat hit and not one gurgle or dry burnt hit. WHat convinced me most to try this was the new laser slotted cartos that are out. Vaping a 80% VG juice with no problems and only filled the tank once, truly only uses a little juice at a time. That's the other problem I had with iclear 30, that thing is a juice vacuum! I hope yours gets better, but for me it's carto tanks combined with the mvp at 8.5 watts and I'm in fiddle-free vaping heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread