The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to charge a vape without a charger?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Vapingdaily, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vapingdaily

Vapingdaily New Member

Aug 18, 2015
    I bought my first vape yesterday and put it on charge but when I tried to take it off the charger I accidentally broke the charger is there a way to charge it without a charger?

P.S
    I can't buy one at my local shop

2. Susan~S

Susan~S ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    What type of battery/mod do you have? If it has a micro usb connection you can charge it without a dedicated charger.

3. Denvap0r

Denvap0r Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2014
    Colorado
    Definitely need a little more info on this. What type of battery? Why can't you buy another? Most shops have tons of chargers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bobw1951

Bobw1951 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    London, UK
    Good idea to let us know where you are as well, so that someone local to you might be able to help more, this is a worldwide forum

• Like Like x 4
  5. Susan~S

Susan~S ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    +1 on this.

Many new members don't put their location in their profile. When they ask where to buy something they get lots of recommendations that don't apply to them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    Please be sure you're of age. If you're under 18 you can't technically post here.

Otherwise, how come you can't buy from your local vape shop?

And to answer your question, NO. It is not recommended to use different or off-brand chargers to charge your ecig. It is recommended to only use the charger it came with. You can find ego chargers on the Internet fairly cheap. But if you try to use any other charging cable and things go wrong, you can't blame the device but instead have to own up to user error.

You sure you're over 18?

• Like Like x 4
  7. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. Don't even think about not using the right charger. You might smoke the battery.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vapingdaily

Vapingdaily New Member

Aug 18, 2015

9. nyiddle

nyiddle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oh boy, we got questions:

How did you break your charger? What kind of e-cig do you have? Model names/brand names?..

If you bought it yesterday (presumably from a shop), how can you not go to your local shop? Your first post implies there is a local shop, but your most recent post states you "don't have a local shop".. How is that possible? Where do you live?

Lastly, and this causes me to question the topic of your age.. why does your profile say you're 20 if you're actually 19?

10. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    That's still not enough info. What's the manufacturer or brand name? Does your battery charger look like these below? These are an eGo charger (left) and USB wall adaptor (right).

[​IMG]
    There's no way to charge your battery without an appropriate charger. Often times the eGo batteries and chargers are specifically designed to be used with each other (proprietary).

Where and how did you get your e-cig in the first place?

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.