Status
Not open for further replies.

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
I bought my first vape yesterday and put it on charge but when I tried to take it off the charger I accidentally broke the charger is there a way to charge it without a charger?

P.S
I can't buy one at my local shop

Definitely need a little more info on this. What type of battery? Why can't you buy another? Most shops have tons of chargers.

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Good idea to let us know where you are as well, so that someone local to you might be able to help more, this is a worldwide forum
+1 on this.

Many new members don't put their location in their profile. When they ask where to buy something they get lots of recommendations that don't apply to them.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Please be sure you're of age. If you're under 18 you can't technically post here.

Otherwise, how come you can't buy from your local vape shop?

And to answer your question, NO. It is not recommended to use different or off-brand chargers to charge your ecig. It is recommended to only use the charger it came with. You can find ego chargers on the Internet fairly cheap. But if you try to use any other charging cable and things go wrong, you can't blame the device but instead have to own up to user error.

You sure you're over 18?

Vapingdaily

Aug 18, 2015
Please be sure you're of age. If you're under 18 you can't technically post here.

Otherwise, how come you can't buy from your local vape shop?

And to answer your question, NO. It is not recommended to use different or off-brand chargers to charge your ecig. It is recommended to only use the charger it came with. You can find ego chargers on the Internet fairly cheap. But if you try to use any other charging cable and things go wrong, you can't blame the device but instead have to own up to user error.

You sure you're over 18?[/QUOTE

I am 19 and I don't have a local shop and my charger is a silver cig charger

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I bought my first vape yesterday and put it on charge but when I tried to take it off the charger I accidentally broke the charger is there a way to charge it without a charger?

P.S
I can't buy one at my local shop

Oh boy, we got questions:

How did you break your charger? What kind of e-cig do you have? Model names/brand names?..

If you bought it yesterday (presumably from a shop), how can you not go to your local shop? Your first post implies there is a local shop, but your most recent post states you "don't have a local shop".. How is that possible? Where do you live?

Lastly, and this causes me to question the topic of your age.. why does your profile say you're 20 if you're actually 19?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can't buy one at my local shop.

I am 19 and I don't have a local shop and my charger is a silver cig charger
That's still not enough info. What's the manufacturer or brand name? Does your battery charger look like these below? These are an eGo charger (left) and USB wall adaptor (right).

eGo%20wall%20charger-500x500.jpg

There's no way to charge your battery without an appropriate charger. Often times the eGo batteries and chargers are specifically designed to be used with each other (proprietary).

Where and how did you get your e-cig in the first place?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread