Status
Not open for further replies.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
I know that when you have the penn style, it's good to take the cart out at night, and leave it on a paper towel upsidedown.

You'll see liquid in the morning on the paper towel.

Harry from Janty also states that you can run the atomiser under warm water, add a little detergent, rinse very good, dry it with a hairdryer, and leave it sitting overnight.

I have done that, and it does make a difference.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
sanneke said:
I know that when you have the penn style, it's good to take the cart out at night, and leave it on a paper towel upsidedown.

Harry from Janty also states that you can run the atomiser under warm water, add a little detergent, rinse very good, dry it with a hairdryer, and leave it sitting overnight.

Thanks sanneke anybody else have any different methods :?:

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
kit123 said:
sanneke said:
I know that when you have the Penn style, it's good to take the cart out at night, and leave it on a paper towel upside down.

Thanks hanneke but surely putting cartridge up side is just going to make the nicotine drip isnt it not best to just keep it horizontal ? anybody else have any different methods :?:

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
RatInDaHat said:
she, sanneke, is right. i've used isopropyl alcohol as well, but i haven't seen any magic from any of the cleaning methods. maybe a marginal increase in vapor but not ground-shaking.

I have started to drain mine overnight though.

-Dusty-
Rat are you talking about draining atomizer by leaving it up right ?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Likewise, I haven't noticed earth-shaking differences after cleaning. I've used both the alcohol and running water methods. Some atomizers seemed to work better after cleaning (but not much better). I drowned one in the water. Another tasted of rubbing alcohol for days. Bottom line: I rarely resort to cleaning them, but do stand them on end periodically to drain the crud out.

It seems to me that a death blow for atomizers is letting liquid evaporate overnight and leave solids of crud on the atomizer. That crud comes from particulates in the liquid. Remember that whatever you find on your atomizer is duplicated inside your lungs. I think the quality of e-liquid is underestimated in its influence on both our atomizers and the long-term consequences of e-smoking. And what do we really know?

My own plan involves fine lab filtering of liquids before I use them for vapor. Course, I'm working with a lot of homebrew stuff, but I plan to filter E-Cig's liquids that I still have. The fewer particulates the better -- for me and the atomizers.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Tropical Bob said:
Likewise, I haven't noticed earth-shaking differences after cleaning. I've used both the alcohol and running water methods. Some atomizers seemed to work better after cleaning (but not much better). I drowned one in the water. Another tasted of rubbing alcohol for days. Bottom line: I rarely resort to cleaning them, but do stand them on end periodically to drain the crud out.

It seems to me that a death blow for atomizers is letting liquid evaporate overnight and leave solids of crud on the atomizer. That crud comes from particulates in the liquid. Remember that whatever you find on your atomizer is duplicated inside your lungs. I think the quality of e-liquid is underestimated in its influence on both our atomizers and the long-term consequences of e-smoking. And what do we really know?

My own plan involves fine lab filtering of liquids before I use them for vapor. Course, I'm working with a lot of homebrew stuff, but I plan to filter E-Ciggies liquids that I still have. The fewer particulates the better -- for me and the atomizers.
The crud as you put it bob how do you get rid of that on your atomizer or does it just burn of! and you really think then these e cigs could be really bad for you after all interesting :? we will have to see the test results from malaysia next year to come to a conclusion KIT

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I don't think they're bad for us, no. I e-smoke. But I think quality of E-Liquid varies, and some contains more particulates than others. I do know that Ruyan publicly announced late last year that it would not use tobacco plant extract in its liquids; the extract dirtied core filters. Why? Particulates. Look at a core after smoking some E-Cig liquid. It gets filthy in a hurry. That filth is trapped particulates.

Now, I have no idea what crud forms on the atomizers, but it does. In other posts, Dr. Loi suggested scraping the atomizers with a needle to loosen the crud. Wow! I'm not surgically skilled and I fear I'd kill any atomizer I touched with a needle. But he noted the buildup and has been searching for a suitable cleaning solution.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
TropicalBob said:
I don't think they're bad for us, no. I e-smoke. But I think quality of E-Liquid varies, and some contains more particulates than others. I do know that Ruyan publicly announced late last year that it would not use tobacco plant extract in its liquids; the extract dirtied core filters. Why? Particulates. Look at a core after smoking some E-Cig liquid. It gets filthy in a hurry. That filth is trapped particulates.

Now, I have no idea what crud forms on the atomizers, but it does. In other posts, Dr. Loi suggested scraping the atomizers with a needle to loosen the crud. Wow! I'm not surgically skilled and I fear I'd kill any atomizer I touched with a needle. But he noted the buildup and has been searching for a suitable cleaning solution.
E-Liquid Crud Is this the same problem for the cartridges bob ????????

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
That's been my experience with E-Liquid and E-Cartridges from E-Cig. I haven't tried other commercial liquids. Cartridges that appear clean at first glance release liquid that becomes dirty during vaporizing. Someone who is using cartridges to squeeze out liquid might can amplify on whether that liquid also dirties new cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread