How to clean ibtanked Smoke Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Pretty new to vaping, was wondering if anyone could tell me how to clean the ibtanked smoke ohm cartomizer? i've read online that you can use boiled water to clean it, or just run it through with warm water, but what about the white wick inside? do i need to take it out ? i'd imagine that if i dont take it out, the excess e-liquid trapped in there wouldn't be able to come out cleanly, on top of that, it would be very hard to dry since all the water would just get trapped in there for a long time.

I know there's a cleaning kit they sell, is it worth the money? if so i do plan on buying it soon, but how do i clean my cartoz now though without the kit?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If you're getting only a couple of days your eliquid is probably also gunking up your coils in there and the cleaning won't be too effective.

A carto is only 50-75 cents nowadays and you'd probably waste that much energy on cleaning. Cleaning was a good option when they were charging $2.50+ for a DC, punched, flared, SS carto.

I bought the kit and never used it- prices came down.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    Union City, California
    I can get 15-20 ml out of a carto, but I usually replace after around 5-10ml., because I like a fresh carto... All of my e-liquids are heavy in PG...

This is a good answer. Depending on the e-liquid I average about 7 ML's to 20 ML's per Carto.

On a good day I can vape 10 ML's so I am changing a Carto every day or two. At $1.35 per Carto compared to $5.40 + for a pack of Analogs there is no point trying to clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    www.ibtanked.com
    I Use a 60% PG DiY clear liquid that has 20% flavor (Flavor Arts Watermelon). This is water clear and normal use gives me 20 to 60mls before the cartomizer tells me its time though I will sometimes change it out simply because it doesnt seem as fresh as it could be. With a use of 3 to 5mls a day this means anywhere from a week to three between changes with this setup.

As I mentioned in the other thread I also run low by most folks standards at 3.9V on a 3.2ohm cartomizer. Also this is a Standard length that I am using.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    Union City, California
    As I mentioned in the other thread I also run low by most folks standards at 3.9V on a 3.2ohm cartomizer. Also this is a Standard length that I am using.

70% PG and I was using 4.5 Volts on a 3.2 Ohm XL Carto.

Saw your other post and will try it at 4.0 to 4.2 Volts to see if there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread