How to Donate to CASAA (www.casaa.org/donate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Here is how you donate:

1. Go to CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
2. In the row of tabs, click on the one labeled Support CASAA. There is also a Support CASAA button on the left side of the page.

3. On the Support CASAA page, scroll down to see the form.

4. Fill in the blanks.
5. Click the Continue button to go to the secure page where you enter your credit card information.
6. Complete the process.

FYI: Your contributions are not, unfortunately, tax dedictible. We are not seeking 501(c)3 status because of the limitations on activities that seek to influence legislation. We definitely want to influence legislation!

Also, please show your support by signing the petition:

E-Cigarettes Save Lives - A Petition for Policy Change

CASAA Thanks You.
Your fellow vapers thank you.

Last edited:

Dawolf

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
New Jersey
Here is how you donate:

FYI: Your contributions are not, unfortunately, tax dedictible. We are not seeking 501(c)3 status because of the limitations on activities that seek to influence legislation. We definitely want to influence legislation!

What are the "limitations" you are referring to that limit your influence on Legislation.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They are referring to IRS limitations on lobbying for 501(c)3 orgs. If you want to be able to lobby and influence legislation as I think is so badly needed a 501(c)3 status is not desirable.

IRS.GOV
Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
What are the "limitations" you are referring to that limit your influence on Legislation.
Laurel is correct. To have tax-deductible 501(c)3 status, an organization is limited to how much of their effort & time can be spent trying to influence legislators. That even includes things like encouraging folks to write to their own legislators or CASAA addressing the New York Senators tomorrow. Since CASAA expects to be doing a lot of that kind of activity, it would make no sense to go after a tax status that would severely limit what we can do. 501(c)4 is non-profit status, yet let's us keep fighting for our "right" to vape!

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
You can now make monthly recurring donations to CASAA! Just click on "Support CASAA" and select whether you want your donation to be one time or a recurring. You can also visit the CASAA store for T-shirts, decals, stickers and free business cards (you pay postage)

Michal "Webby" Douglas | President - CASAA.ORG
Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Assoc.
182 St Francis Street; STE 300 Mobile, AL 36602
T: 251.285.8500 Fx: 251.445.1043 Skype: CASAAHQ

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
You can now make monthly recurring donations to CASAA! Just click on "Support CASAA" and select whether you want your donation to be one time or a recurring.

Thanks, Webby. I really appreciate the option of making a recurring donation. I decided in January to make a contribution every month, and this makes it very easy to do so. :wub:

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
Thanks, Webby. I really appreciate the option of making a recurring donation. I decided in January to make a contribution every month, and this makes it very easy to do so. :wub:

Are fundraising efforts (for CASAA) welcomed and supported? If so, I'd like to communicate with someone about helping?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Received a Paypal email at 5:17 EST today that my monthly donation was suspended by CASAA.

Problem solved -- apparently something glitched when my secondary payment method registered at PP (a credit card) expired, even though the primary method was fine, actively being used. CASAA is deleting my profile so I can re-register :)

Last edited:

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
I would really like to Donate to CASAA
My primary way of doing this was going to be using all the gift cards I have with left over money on them that I can't use to buy vape
stuff cause there isn't enough on them. Combined they would add up.

Problem is, they only use PayPal, and these cards will not be validated/accepted.

That's too bad. CASAA needs to find alternative ways to donate so people can do this,
I am sure many would donate their left over gift card money, from where ever they got them.
It may not seem like much,, but 2$ to 8$+ per card, and some people have many that can't really be used for anything,
Or even change (less than a dollar that will go to waste) can really add up in the long run.

Please do not ignore this idea. It is a good one. Make it happen, and I will do that with all my left over gift cards.
But I will not create a PayPal account, for many reasons.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Tepid,

Do you know what kind of service would allow CASAA to accept gift card balances as donations? It's a great idea, but I don't know how CASAA could do it? Credit card services probably would accept gift cards, but they are usually very expensive per transaction or have other fees. (And I think there would have to be a purchase?) It wouldn't be good if, for example, CASAA gets charged $3 for a $1 donation. Do you have any more info about this?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thanks, Tepid - we're interested in what you can find out! :)

Just so people know, you don't have to create a PayPal account to donate. You can bypass the PayPal account and use a credit or debit card. When you click the "Donate" button on the CASAA site (on the first screen you see after that) there is a link on the lower left side (just above the credit card symbols) that says "Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue." Just click the "Continue" link and you can pay without using PayPal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread