• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How to enquire with Canada Customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
well my package from china , has been in the "to be reviewed by customs" phase since April 6

, 2 ... Weeks :evil:

I found this phone number for customs enquiries - 1-800-461-9999 press '0' right away to

talk to a human !! I was told packages normally take 5-10 bussiness days to process and that

I had only waited 9 bussiness days do to the easter holidays. but there was was no specific

info on my package , just the genral BS I think CBSA is just messing with us vapers because

of HC . Well I'm hoping for a Monday realease of my goodies but I won't get my hopes up to

high :(

Last edited:

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
I wonder if customs in BC is more/less dilligent than customs on the east coast? From Tommys message...that would be a painful wait (i'm bleeding for you man...I really am), yet Moonlights comment sounds like the Newfies really are not so sticky with the juice and hardware stuff. :rolleyes:

I guess since I'm in alberta, there is no guessing which customs will deal with my stuff. Have seen it come through Hongcouver/Montreal/Toronto...all over the map.

On a side note...for folks who have ordered larger amounts of hardware...what have you had to pay for duties on stuff from China?

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Hi all - don't have enough posts to start a new thread but just read something REALLY scary for all us Canuks under 'E-Cigs and the Law' - check out the thread that talks about Canada Customs refusing shipment. One of our members from Ontario had their shipment from overseas seized by Customs. They are sending it back to the supplier. Has anyone else had any problems with Customs either from overseas or from the US suppliers? I think we need to keep on top of how many of us 'regular consumers' are starting to get flagged at Customs now. I think we've all been hoping it's just the 'big' orders that catch their attention but maybe things are cracking down harder and faster than we thought they would. I desperately need to re-order as my penstyle atomizer is shot but ... man ... just don't know who or where to try to buy from anymore. :(

Anyway, I hope someone else starts a thread specifically for anyone to post on that has problems getting their order through so that we all can have some idea of what is happening.

Preston Girl

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA
I put the Royal Mail tracking number into the Canada Post tracking system.

This is my first attempt at purchasing overseas so this may turn out to be a lesson learned the hard way.

Royal Mail website stated five days ago that my order "has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA."

....so I entered my tracking number into the Cda Post site and for the past 4 days it just states that they couldn't find a valid match for that number. Should I be concerned or are the International Mail gremlins really that slow in updating their online info?

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
This is my first attempt at purchasing overseas so this may turn out to be a lesson learned the hard way.

Royal Mail website stated five days ago that my order "has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA."

....so I entered my tracking number into the Cda Post site and for the past 4 days it just states that they couldn't find a valid match for that number. Should I be concerned or are the International Mail gremlins really that slow in updating their online info?

I found no way to track Intellicig orders once they leave the UK. I believe you just have to wait it out.

Good luck.

Preston Girl

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Actually, if you log on to intellicig, there's a link to "Status History & Comments" where your tracking number is. I have an order that's been in Customs in Ville St. Laurent since April 20.

Edit, oops, meant to mention that the royal mail tracking number in the Canada Post website tells me that.

Intellicig, Royal Post, Canada Post...they all say the same thing....I'm in Postal Limbo.

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
Intellicig, Royal Post, Canada Post...they all say the same thing....I'm in Postal Limbo.

Dont fret too much yet. Postal systems are really poor at tracking anything...well...let me correct that comment. "Canada Post is awesome at tracking the approach of the Christmas season. Thats when they know to go on strike. :lol: But do not know how to track their head from their ...!"

Preston Girl

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Sorry, Preston Girl. What does intellicig say in your account history? Did they give you a posted date?

On Intellicig it says the order was processed on the 20th, posted on the 23rd and then it gives the tracking number. I put the tracking number in the Royal Mail site and get the following " Your item, posted on 23/04/09 with reference XXXXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA".

That's when I land in limbo. It's not that I'm expecting it to be delivered already...I'd just like to know what stage of the game I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread