How to explain inhalation technique to a new vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
Hello folks! My fiance is very keen on learning to use an electronic cigarette, he attempted to use my first one (a Volcano) with very little luck. Granted I'd only had it a few weeks at that time, and was terrible at explaining how to inhale so you get a good throat hit, especially since that really isn't a big deal for me. I've upgraded to an Ego-T type B, and he is still interested in trying to convert. (side note, I only see him once every 3 months or so as he lives in Nova Scotia, and I'm in Maine). I will be bringing my kit up with me, as well as some extra parts to leave with him if he wants. I would like to know if you could help me with an explanation of how to get a good throat hit/how to inhale well, also, so I know what to bring, what would be a good tobacco like flavor that has a strong throat hit that I can bring with me for him? I really don't like the tobacco flavor and use others (vanilla, apple cider, etc).
Thank you very much for your time and I hope that this was clear enough to be answered.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
1. Take it easy..... be gentle. Inhale gently.
2. Multiply by 3. Each inhale is 3 times the length of a cigarette one, and to get the same amount of nicotine, you need to use the e-cig for 3 times as long as a cigarette lasts. Try 3 different inhale methods: (i) basic - inhale to the mouth, then into the lungs, then exhale through the nose; (ii) inhale direct to the lungs; (iii) puff like a cigar or pipe, hold vapor in mouth, occasionally inhale.
3. Try a lot of different liquids because what one likes, another hates.

That also holds good for tobacco flavors, people like/hate them accordingly. They are nothing like the cigarette version anyway. Might be best to go for something completely different that makes best use of the difference, like RY4 flavor - caramel sweet or dry, depending on the maker.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yep, inhale slowly over several seconds. Inhaling too rapidly can starve the atomizer. Experiment and find the method that produces the best taste and vapor. If the atty barrel gets hot, it's starving for juice feed.

I second the RY4 juice in 100%pg. It has sufficient throat hit and similar taste that is reminiscent of tobacco, like a Winston. No juice, as Rolly said, will be exactly like tobacco and everyone has their own mental image of what that taste is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread