The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to get the best flavor out of my Ohm Boy Rage Squonk

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by adrianc22, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. adrianc22

adrianc22 Full Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Hi guys,

New to vaping... I just bought a Ohm Boy Rage squonk and it’s pretty awesome. I purchased a Geekvape Loop RDA for it. It was pretty good when I first got it but now that I changed the coils I’m not getting the flavor I was getting before.

I tried buying a Drop RDA and still crappy flavor.

Would it be a coil problem? What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know what coils come with the Loop RDA? I’m really disappointed and regretting my purchases.

Anyone able to help me out? Just want some awesome flavor... that’s why I went to squonk life...

Cheers people.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Squonking actually has nothing to do with flavor....it's simply an easier way to drip juice into a given atomizer. Flavor comes from your build, coil placement, wicking and airflow, assuming you have an RDA capable of delivering good flavor. The Drop is extremely capable. So, I'd suggest looking on YouTube for a build tutorial specific to the Drop and copy what they do. At least it's a start. I've never tried the Loop, so I have no idea on that one.

You gave no specifics of your build, wire, ohms and coil placement. It would be easier to steer you in the right direction regarding your current build if you gave us a bit more information and a few pictures of your build. Welcome to the forum, by the way...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. adrianc22

adrianc22 Full Member

Sep 23, 2018
    2295BD9D-131E-41DA-B1F7-D29A560A2999.jpeg E1916121-314C-44DF-AB03-54DA088E57AC.jpeg

I’ve tried alien clapton coils at .27 ohms and right now using smaller coils at .11 ohms, seems a bit better. That’s for the loop.

The Drop has claptons in it at .27 ohms.

Sorry I’m fairly new to this. I’m spewing coz at the start of having this setup it wasn’t as bad as it is now. I’ll check out some YouTube vids.

I’m going to the vape shop tomorrow, maybe they could help me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    it looks like you have 5 wraps on one side and 6 on the other...unless a wrap is hidden behind the cotton...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Jet Knight

Jet Knight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2013
    Gotham
    Agree with above. Check you coil placement, and airflow, If you can, slight lift up your coils to get better flavor. With most coils in general, "preburn" them to eliminate any hotspots before you wick and charge up your coils.

• Like Like x 2
  6. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Check that coils are lined up with airflow holes. There could be too much airflow as well, which will mute the flavor sometimes.

Personally, I don't get the flavor I like from claptons. I prefer running dual parallel 3mm contact coils of 28ga and 26ga around .3 ohms (kanthal) YMMV. Then again I have some RDA's that run best with simple micro coils.

Pretty much with a new RDA, it's build try, build try, until you find your sweet spot. Every RDA is different and even then flavors/brands used can determine the build and/or power needed.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tom Klasky

Tom Klasky New Member

Sep 23, 2018
    sup bill its tom. message me brother

• Like Like x 4
  8. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Folks, meet Tom. He's a ProVari wielding superstar with a ton of knowledge. Glad you made it, buddy. You'll fit right in around here. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.