How to keep Boge carto alive in tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticKinesis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
NYC
I recently bought a tank to use with my Boge cartos but after about four days they stop taking in juice without constantly turning it upside down with the carto partially pulled out.

I am vaping 60% PG with a single hole. Hard sucks on the carto do not work for me. Should I be making more holes or is there something else I should be doing to prolong the life of my Boge?

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Nope....get rid of it and buy some Smoktechs or Ikenvape platinums.Yours is like the tenth post Ive seen this week talking about issues with Boges.

If its still firing vapor you can just replace it with another and boil it in distilled water with a little high proof vodka inside and let it dry for 24-48 hours before using.

ChaoticKinesis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
NYC
Thanks, I'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I'm not sure yet if the problem is solved but I figured to make another hole, since otherwise the carto would just go to the trash. So far so good it seems, but that may change shortly after the current refill runs dry. Either way I believe the problem has more to do with the filler material gradually losing its absorption properties, as opposed to anything else.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I use Boge 2 & 3 ohm cartos in Mom and Pop mini submarine tanks. Bought a 25 pack of carts from Sure Vapes at the end of October. I was hoping at the time I was past the Bogegate issues and it has turned out well for me. After reading your post about problems with these again Zapped, I'll have to keep an eye out before I order more.

Chaotic, I vape mostly DIY 50/50 pg/vg juice. Right now I have that in one tank and Dekang 555 at 70/30 in another. I punch my carts myself, 2 holes in each. With my hole punch I do 3.5 turns per hole for the thicker juice (7 half turns, which is easier to count) and 2 2/3 turns (5 1/3) for the thinner. I think you are on the right track making another hole. What I do with a new juice is make the holes smaller than I think it may need, try it out then enlarge as required. Yes, it's a bit messy, but once I've found the right size it stays the same.

It's hard for me to know exactly how much juice I put through a cart before having to replace it because I have at least 8 juice delivery devices going at once and switch between them regularly. I estimate 15 ml with these two. I don't clean them.

HTH. Let us know how it goes.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I recently bought a tank to use with my Boge cartos but after about four days they stop taking in juice without constantly turning it upside down with the carto partially pulled out.

The number of days isn't as important as how much juice you've gone through. How many ml did you use in four days?

ChaoticKinesis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
NYC
The number of days isn't as important as how much juice you've gone through. How many ml did you use in four days?

I usually go through about 2-3 ml/day. I do believe the problem has been solved by making a second hole though. Either that or the first carto was just a dud. Admittedly, it only happened with the first one I used with the tank. However, it was also the first time in a while that I've had a Boge last me 4 days. Usually it either works or it doesn't and, if it does, then it typically lasts longer.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
most of the time, i get a week(ish) of 100% pg vaping around 10ml a day if not more. but I have this issue sometimes, and I think it is due to me not realizing how often i am vaping. though right now im having the issue and the carto has 3 holes (one laser punched around 2-3mm) and two smaller 1.5mm holes. i think i just kill the cartos and expect them to last longer than they do.

also how hard or soft you draw can dictate how much or how little juice feeds into the carto, sometimes you have to take a harder drag than normal. or take a hard drag, then let off the button, take another drag and while you take your hand off the button, it will feed the carto, then the next drag will be good. i'm still learning and am trying to pin point carto tanks. I feel with a few RBAs on the way, eventually i'll make the switch to those, cartos are nice, but I'm getting sick of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread