Status
Not open for further replies.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
So I placed an order with Eastmall for a 510 kit, pcc, and a whole bunch of clove juice for my ex-wife. You CAN stay friends with them after breaking up with them. It can be done. So anyhow, she's new to e-smoking, her birthday is tomorrow, so I ordered a kit, and made sure to put her shipping information in the transaction, added her address as a "gift address" to paypal, etc.

And they shipped it to me..... Got here today..... Her birthday is tomorrow.....

So of course I fired off an email expressing my disappointment. I called her, and explained what happened, and that it was ok because I'd doublecheck to make sure everything worked "it did", was packaged well, "exceedingly so" nothing was missing "nothing was", and that her clove juice wasn't horrid "ending up keeping a bottle, it's fantastic". Plus I added the last of my 510 parts, and threw in some other flavors. So I made lemonade out of lemons, and in the end she'll have a more end-to-end package as her starter.

The End.... Right?

My phone rings. I'm immediately being told "just keep what was sent, we'll ship a duplicate shipment to her address, and do everything we can to get it there as fast as possible. We are trying to figure out a way to get the items to her by tomorrow".

My initial response was shocked silence. I'm not sure if this is a phenomenon unique to the e-cig community, but I'm consistently amazed at the degree of customer service you receive from vendors. Eastmall is no exception. And while it's beginning to look like paypal themselves actually hosed my shipping address in the transaction, that wasn't even a concern. Eastmall's concern was making sure my ex-wife got her birthday present on time and nothing else. I really wasn't even sure what to say. I was just floored.

I went ahead and explained that it was ok, I found a compromise, and in the end I probably should have just had it shipped to me in the first place. I told them not to worry about it, but I have to thank Eastmall for being more than willing to do whatever it took to make things right. That's the best possible outcome for a customer, and that's exactly what Eastmall offered. Very impressive first order experience.

PS: And it's not all on the vendor. A lot of people don't get that. It's about being a good customer too. It's about having a vendor that allows you to be a good customer. Eastmall has proven they can do that very well.

Moved On
Jul 22, 2009
This story really makes me feel good and instills a degree of faith in me as far as customer service goes.

Even something so simple as a hand-written note in the package asking my opinion of Japanese e-liquid (which smells fantastic by the way Dave and Ed - haven't tried it yet though :)) brings a smile to my face.

Keep up the stellar effort guys.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
That's a great story! I've made 2 purchases from Eastmall and I was amazed both times, when my order shipped out by 8:15 AM (China) when I ordered them at like 3 AM (China).

The fact that they pack up and ship out their orders that early in the morning proves that they really want people to get a good sense of customer service from them. The $15 shipping to the US isn't bad in the first place, but they're so hasty with their packing/shipping that it certainly makes it worth it.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
That's a great story! I've made 2 purchases from Eastmall and I was amazed both times, when my order shipped out by 8:15 AM (China) when I ordered them at like 3 AM (China).

The fact that they pack up and ship out their orders that early in the morning proves that they really want people to get a good sense of customer service from them. The $15 shipping to the US isn't bad in the first place, but they're so hasty with their packing/shipping that it certainly makes it worth it.
mcl.....The $15 for shipping is extremley reasonable compared to other chinese suppliers.....I have paid up to $35 US to have an order shipped from BestECigs.......David and Ed's is most likely the cheapest out there....and package labeling is also very discrete...another :thumb:for Eastmall!:)The Wiz!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Zof..great stuff..glad EM came through for you.:thumbs:

Be nice if they would treat everyone the same though:nah:
firhill......I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks back....Might want to give Ed a chance to reply to you...This fellow really does care about Eastmalls customers! I will vouch for him!!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread