Not open for further replies.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Great job on the video!! :D

Also just wanted to say... the Lorann flavors are so cheap to buy... and even if you don't like them to "vape" some of them are just awesome in recipes... so still a use for them! I used to have a candle company and sold at local holiday gift shows etc. There was a man that sold candy coated popcorn in all sorts of wild flavors... and I now I'm 99% sure they were all made using the Lorann flavorings! They tasted WONDERFUL... and he did a huge business!!! Lots of recipes for using the different extracts on the Lorann web site too!

Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Nice presentation, Rita. A couple of questions: By mixing the glycerion and juice 50/50 does that change the nic level from 36 to 18? Have you tried PG and if so, any differences? I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced an upset stomach.

Don't want to go into much "detail" on this :rolleyes: but... I do seem to have a "problem" with mixing my own juices using ALL VG. I don't have the same issues when using commercial juice using PG, so have ordered some PG to use in my mix with a smaller amount of the VG. :)

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Nice presentation, Rita. A couple of questions: By mixing the glycerion and juice 50/50 does that change the nic level from 36 to 18? Have you tried PG and if so, any differences? I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced an upset stomach.

You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/5066-eliquid-recepies.html

Someone (I forgot who) added an excel spreadsheet dealio to be able to calculate your nic content...

Will try to attach it :) It is a zip file and if anyone knows who did this one originally, would you let me know so that s/he can get proper credit for it. Its really nice for those of us who are math deficient. :D

Rita

Attachments

• hackomatic.xls.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 55

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
The simple answer is yes, a fifty-fifty mix of 36mg liquid with another substance would result in 18 mg liquid.

But of course since Rita also added a small amount of flavor, her resulting mix was something less than 18 mg concentration. If she had made her flavor and glycerin mix add to up to one ml first, and then added the 1 ml of 36 mg liquid, then her result would have been exactly 18 mg. The spreadsheet, created by Jaaxx, is great if you want to be precise and know exactly what your resulting nic concentration is with varying amounts of dilution.

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Rita, your comment about your cooking style was perfect!

My sister loves to cook, is a great cook, and uses a handful of this and a pinch of that. I, on the other hand, hardly ever cook and simply cannot do anything without measuring precisely. If I ask her how to make something it's hilarious and impossible at the same time. And if I'm ever away from home in a place I might need to cook at, even simple things, the first thing I have to buy is a measuring cup.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread