Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I got a couple igo s2's, I don't know what the 2 stands for as they appear the same as the igo s's

The guts of these are cheap, but hey, it's a $17 super small dripper (now also a bf'r) that will screw into a Grand (haven't tried it yet on my VVW) and it's fairly easy to do with the right tools...but, and this is a big BUT...cheap guts = plated brass (I dug my cobalt bits out for nothing :glare:)...so, before anyone starts flaming "OMG! you're running juice through brass, you only have days to live"...I know...the brass thing doesn't really bother me that much, but if it's a deal breaker for you, read no further...

Having said that, here's a link to parts 1 through 4 YT vids showing you how...

Igo s2 bottom feeder part 1 - YouTube

Igo s2 bottom feeder part 2 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNWjuBudAzY&feature=youtu.be

Igo s2 bottom feeder part 4 - YouTube

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Pretty nice method Quigs, the audio in part 2 just about wakes the dead. :) Two things, what keeps the o-ring from interfering with the positive connection, and does it still have a chance to suck back over-squonked juice? I know many don't like to contaminate the bottle, but I preferred not to have a mess or lack of performance to deal with on the go.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Hey Asdaq, long time :toast:...ya, sorry about the audio from the drill press, I should've used an external mic on that vid. I've found that the o ring does more than just create a sealed juice system for bf's...it stabilizes the RBA by giving it a much larger, cushioned point of contact with your device...taking the job of physically supporting it off the threads, I mean sure, you have to pick your o ring, it's definitely not "one size fits all" (I've got quite a collection of them now that I've been doing this). I remember when I first put an o ring between my GTUS and the SB...it even made it feel so much better...

I've never really taken issue with squonk-back, meh...1st, it's almost impossible to avoid, o ring or not and 2nd, contaminating your juice with what?...that whole 6ml's of juice is hitting that gungy coil eventually ;)...for my dollar, the performance gained from separating the air and juice paths far outweighs the issue of getting some burnt sugar flakes in my juice bottle.

The "no mess" thing is a big issue for me though, and it's the side-air RBA's that brought me back to bf's

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
That's pretty much what I did with my phoenix v4s (ERA clone) except I didn't shorten the screw. The juice seems to find its way out even if I use the existing wire holes. Works great!

I did that on one of my ERA mods and seeing as I use 28 awg exclusively there is enough gap where the juice does come out (the 28 doesn't squish as much as the 32)...the only issue is Mr. Southern Cali ;)...Canadian winters tend to thicken juice up a bit...I thought I was going to blow the bottle squonking so I caved and drilled a juice hole :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread