How to MTL Ego One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
"A device for everyone" ... and yes I want to vape it, so how do I MTL this device without flooding and explosive spits?

With the CLR 1.0 ohm coil, full airflow, full to half-full charged + a nessecary 3,5cm driptip safety distance, I am now able to DL, with no gurgling, but still with aggressive spitting.

As soon as I close the airflow down a little and shift over to caustiously MTL'ing, the gurgling starts. What to do???

I don't have leaking - everything is fitted well together.
Changing from CL to CLR helped on the wicking.

Any suggestions on good MTL suitable rebuilds for the CLR coil?

"Help me ECF, your my only hope" :tumble:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I could be wrong as I've never actually held one, but can't you tighten the actual CLR head itself to cut off the wick holes a little bit?

Gurgling is usually a sign of too much liquid getting to the wick/coil area, so (as counter-intuitive as it may seem) you actually want slightly tighter/slower wicking for MTL hits.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
If you have a bit of cotton or rayon, lay a small, thin strip across the top of the CLR coil. Take the cap off to do this and trap the "flavour wick" in the wick slots when putting it back on.
Trim and go.
spitting should be greatly reduced.
IMGP5764_zps95bd6947.jpg

ETA: oh and the ego one has a condensation situation...
for me...it works best when the button is released about 1-1.5 seconds BEFORE I stop drawing. This will clear the device of residual vapor that tends to collect and contribute to the "gurgle" and AFC tinkle.

Have fun
I

Last edited:

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
If you have a bit of cotton or rayon, lay a small, thin strip across the top of the CLR coil. Take the cap off to do this and trap the "flavour wick" in the wick slots when putting it back on.
Trim and go.
spitting should be greatly reduced.

Ahaaaa, thank you for a creative solution... and the reason it would work, is that because the extra wick under the top cap, "catches" both most of the explosive spit from the coil and the condensation? ... then I only still need to prevent the flooding, and I don't drewl that much :drool:

Reactions: Izan

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Ahaaaa, thank you for a creative solution... and the reason it would work, is that because the extra wick under the top cap, "catches" both most of the explosive spit from the coil and the condensation? ... then I only still need to prevent the flooding, and I don't drewl that much :drool:
I had a similar problem with an evod tank on an ego battery. Was gurgling and flooding. On mine (dual coil) the top inlet was letting unwicked liquid into coil area. The extra 'flavor wick' solved this mainly by filling in the cutout more completely. However it substantially reduced airflow out the stem because of the narrow clearance between coil and air outlet. This does not seem to be a problem with your coil. If it is, just snip flavor wick in half at its midpoint and move those ends apart a bit or remove a small section. Does not have to be continuous.

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Just to be sure I got the idea right ... so I screw of the CLR coils top cap, and I lay the extra wick across the coil ... not on top of the actual coil but across it, and screw the top cap back on, as tight as possible, right?
It's only about 10-15% of a wick. We are putting a "thin blanket" of wick on top of the coil.
(in line with/parallel to, the real wick).
Just to catch the pops and splatters.

Cheers
I

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
I don't call it 'a device for everyone'...

...but maybe I should step away from the thread. :confused:

The best thing to do with it if you want to nicely MTL is to buy a tank that vapes at the power you want to vape at with the airflow you enjoy.

... should I have stepped away? :D

Hehe, naaaah because I actually agree completely. I just get stubborn ... and it looks so cute :unsure: and I don't like having used a certain amount of money on device + 2 types of coils, for then to ditch it, if a tiny trick or 20 of them could fix it :)

I don't get all the possitive reviews and "Yes, absolutely perfect level up device for beginners" ??? what can I say ... in comes in many fancy colours :closedeyes:

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread