How to set up my brand new EVOD (It stinks of oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Okay. so got my two new Evods today and have only ever used ego-t 1.1ml tanks and ego XL carto's.

So bear with me, this is my first ever clearomizer or cart-tank or whatever the EVOD is.

QUESTION - leave the ego with EVOD standing upright so no juice gets in the central tube of the tank or can these be left on their side (I'm thinking not, at least with my DEKANG 100% pg juices....?) What about when take of the EVOD with juice still in - leave upright or on side?

Any other tips on how to get started appreciated.

What is this called also - a clearo / tank / carto-tank.....?

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Just got two in the mail from a Chinese company. Doubt they're Klanger and were not advertised as. Cost me 3.70 pounds or around 5 us bucks each.

Man oh man.

I have this really dark Ovale Virginia tobacco 50vg/50pg juice that is like syrup and couldn't get more than a few draws off my ego-c attys before it got all wispy and burn tasting and the attys needed cleaning.

Just water cleaned the tank (not the atty, it was dry, no primer,) filled this thing up with the rest of that juice and Rodger me five ways from Sunday - what a vape!

The vape is mellow compared to an ago-t / ego-c but man there is more of it and the flavor rocks. The flavor is, what can I say - just 'more there.'

Since filling and vaping about 20 draws have not had one bad hit yet, it's a damned pro this thing.

QUESTION - leave the ego with EVOD standing upright so no juice gets in the central tube of the tank or can these be left on their side (I'm thinking not, at least with my DEKANG 100% pg juices....?) What about when take of the EVOD with juice still in - leave upright or on side?

So far color me bloody well impressed. Gonna fill the second up with Dekang Camel and see how that goes...!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Just filled up the second and had a good vape with the Dekang Camel 100% PG.

This kicks the ego-t and ego-c rig's bottom!

Better, tastier, slightly cooler vape that just feels like I've 'leveled up' in VapeWorld.

If by the end of a whole tank and then a refill, they handle the refill - I'm sold, this is my new set up, bye bye, ego-c, bye bye. I'll keep the battery of course, but as long as no leak issues, these are FAR SUPERIOR.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I always clean new toppers before use. Never know what's left in them from manufacturing....

I take them completely apart and rinse all parts under running hot water - as hot as my fingers can handle. Depending on how anxious I am to try it, I'll either let dry for a day or dry as well as I can with tissue, just blotting, not wiping, the wick. If the wick is still damp, the first few vapes will be a bit weak, but no harm done.

Evods (and T3 varieties and Protanks) in my experience don't leak if laid sideways. Some even recommend "storing" full ones upside down to prevent leaks from overwicking, but I've not resorted to that.

The little silicone cap that sits down on the tube - leave it there. It's to help control the wicking, and if removed you may have problems with leaks!

Not sure why it threads down so far, but you only need to screw it down until you have an electrical connection. If it goes down so that it covers the fire button, maybe look into an extender / adapter to keep it higher?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
That's why some store them upside down - the tube is then completely out of the juice.

Personally, I usually store mine right side up, and have had no problems. And, while actually in use, have had no problems with them on their side either.

It seems that sometimes the "flavor" wicks aren't set quite right, which can lead to some seepage. If you run into that, rock the center post out and either re-arrange them or replace them. You can use silica wick, or cotton, hemp, etc.

Since the flavor wick has to come out to effectively dry burn, I usually use 100% cotton yarn to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread