How to stack 26650 batteries in my BFM mechanical mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
I just got the BFM clone. It's a hybrid 26650 mod(copper sleeve w/ brass top & bottom cap). I have about 20 mechanical mods, this is my first hybrid(other than my Dreadnaught). I just wanted to give the hybrid a try, and this one has the extension tube that allows you to stack (2) 26650 batteries.

I've read a lot of worrisome opinions on stacking batteries and wanted to get some more info before attempting this. I don't have to stack these batteries, so if it's not worth the risk, I'm not losing anything, since the regular 1 26650 tube works great.

Marrying batteries. - from what I've read, this means buying the batteries from the same place (to ensure they are both the same model & both authentic; always using the batteries together, charging both on the same charger for the same length of time, alternating top & bottom each time......

- What else does marrying batteries involve?

- What other precautions/steps are needed when stacking?

- Does the risk outweigh the reward of having stacked 26650s?
I'm guessing the answer is Yes.

Thanks for any advise

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, you'll double the voltage so that is a plus.

The downside is, you doubled your voltage. lol

I don't personally recommend series batteries in a mech, you have the same max amp draw that 1 battery has, all you did was increase your voltage output to 8.4 when fully charged. Not much of a benefit, twice the risk. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread