How to store used cartridges for future refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeppermintPatty

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
California
Ok, probably another very silly newbie question, sorry... I had trouble even phrasing the title. So I have an Eversmoke system, where you purchase the cartomizers and then supposedly throw them away after they are used up. As experienced folks know, you can reuse those cartomizers to some extent, and though the configuration of the Eversmoke cartomizers makes it pretty hard to do that, I have found YT videos showing how to do it with kind of a wicking method. Basically you just place the end of the cartridge into a little juice and it slowly sucks it up.

So, my question to you guys would be, what is the best way to store the used cartridges that I am planning to refill in the future? Keep in mind, it could be weeks before I fill them again because I am collecting quite a few while still using the new ones, and I am also waiting for the shipments of my very first e juices (eeeee....excited!), and will probably be steeping them, blah blah, all of this takes time. Anyway, the cartomizers come with two rubber caps, one is designed to go over the battery connecter end and has a pointy thing that plugs the bottom, I suppose to keep juice from leaking out. The one that covers the mouth end is just a plain rubber cap. Eversmoke advises that if you wish to switch flavors before the cartridges are empty, that you store them with the rubber covers on them to keep the juice in and keep them fresh. Obviously they don't address how you would store one that is completely empty with the intention of someday attempting to refill it.

Options would be to just store them completely open, no rubber covers over either end. I was wondering if that would allow them to kind of "dry out", and is that a good or a bad thing when you want to refill them someday? Other options are to place the rubber covers over one or both ends... I could use plain rubber covers for that, or the kind with the "plug" that goes into the juice uptake side. I was wondering if that would "protect" the insides somehow, or if it would hinder the uptake of new juice by sealing in the remnants of the old juice, if that makes any sense.

Any ideas guys? Anyone ever done this with Eversmokes and have a preferred method? Or any ideas just based on your knowledge of trying to reuse cartridges? Also, how many times are people finding that they are able to refill disposable cartridges? How can you tell when they have reached the end, do they just quit taking up juice? Stop making vapor? I am irritated that Eversmoke does not make blank cartridges, because I really like my cig a likes, so I decided to order some V2 supplies today and start making a transition in that direction, but I will be darned if I am going to let all those Eversmoke cartomizers go to waste if I can reuse them a few times.

Thanks in advance for any advice, I know that cig-a-likes are not the most popular around here but I love mine so....:oops:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
You can store them either way. If you dont put the rubber bits back on, I would at least toss them in a ziploc just for the keeping them clean factor since they go in your mouth :) I would think allowing them to really dry out *may* assist them in wicking up the new liquid a bit faster- but that is pure conjecture that just seems to have some logic LOL. :)

Either way you store them you should have no issue to refill and reuse.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
Do you have a monthly subscription to receive these cartos?

If so.... I would advise to cancel that, it's ridiculously expensive.

I am almost certain that eversmoke uses kr808d-2 cartomizers available here, they are blank so you can fill them with whatever.

If I may suggest something else: Get a better setup, the eversmoke is really subpar, dated and expensive at this point in the vaping game.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The more typical approach is to just reuse a single cartomizer until it is no longer functional. That eliminates any concerns about what to do with a bunch of them that need refilling. I don't know if there is something unusual about these cartridges that make them harder to top off than most cartos, but to get the most out of typical cartos you keep topping them off - from the top - and don't allow them to run dry to get the longest life out of them.

thatguy2

Moved On
Oct 24, 2013
my suggestion -

clean them and then let them dry (lots of threads and information on cleaning available on here)
here's a good place to start --> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/ecf-library-annex-d459-cleaning-cartomizers.html

then store them in a ziplock bag or a plastic container..

when you get your juice and find one you like, then fill a few or a bunch and store them with the caps on them..
refilling info here --> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/41440-how-clean-refill-cartomizers.html

use the advanced search feature on here or use google and pick up the links to this forum..

PeppermintPatty

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
California
Thanks for the info everyone, very helpful, and no, I do not have a subscription. I have ordered my last Eversomke cartridges, but I have quite a few on hand, in different flavors so I wanted to be able to reuse them. I was thinking of filling them with similar flavored juices, for example, I ordered peach e juice for my formerly peach cartridges. As I mentioned at the end of my post, I am switching gradually over to V2 because they have blank cartrdges, I like their system better. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread