Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Someone local to me is selling a used Provari, and I'm thinking about it. I haven't seen it yet, but expect to in a few hours.

Is there an easy way for me to tell the version? 1.0, 2.0, 2.5?

Is there anything in particular I should look for in buying a used one? He says that he used vaping to quit smoking, and that now he's quit vaping too, so he's selling all his stuff. He has two other mods for sale, but the Provari is the only one that I'm interested in.

It's black, with the 18650 extension, and comes with at least one used battery. $100. I plan on screwing my own protank on and taking a hit before I buy. Assuming it doesn't look like he's been dragging it behind a truck and it hits without any sign of a short, I can't think of anything else I should check. Unless something looks wrong or it seems to have a short, I plan to buy.

I leave to go meet with him in about an hour, so hoping for some quick feedback. :)

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Since you're not asking which one to get or opinions on them & just to identify them, the v1's & v2's look identical as far as I know. If you go into the menu, pause at the first option (Pu) and then see how high it will go. The v1 will stop at 5.0 & the v2 will go up to 6.0.

Telling the difference between the 1.0/2.0 & the 2.5, the easiest way is to look at the Provari logo. If it's printed, it's a 1.0 or 2.0, if the logo is pressed into the metal it's 2.5.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Thanks, Ozwald, that's what I was looking for, just "how to tell the difference". Last night I bought a used Provari, and at the time, I didn't know what version it was. Blue LED, black satin, with the 18650 endcap (and without the regular endcap.) Logo is printed, and I can take it up to 6.0 volts, so it must be a v2.0. $100 well spent, IMO.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
No worries. The v1 only came with a red LED as well, so that's a dead giveaway. Even if you bought the v1, it's not that big of a deal since the chip (the only real difference between 1 & 2) can be upgraded for fairly cheap. The downside is you have to part with it for a week.

I'd say for $100, you did real well. Enjoy it.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I've had other VV devices. Buzz Pro, lavatube, Vision Spinners, and a madvapes VV box mod. I rarely vape over 5.0 volts anyway, so even if it had turned out to be a Provari 1.0, 5 volts on the top end wouldn't have bothered me too bad. But it's nice that it will go higher if needed, and the blue LED was a nice, and unexpected, bonus.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Thanks, Ozwald, that's what I was looking for, just "how to tell the difference". Last night I bought a used Provari, and at the time, I didn't know what version it was. Blue LED, black satin, with the 18650 endcap (and without the regular endcap.) Logo is printed, and I can take it up to 6.0 volts, so it must be a v2.0. $100 well spent, IMO.

V1 ranges between 3.3 volts--6.0 volts with a 2.5 amp limit...
V2 ranges between 2.9 volts--6.0 volts with a 3.5 amp limit...

The higher amp limit is a real plus.................check the low end of your voltage reading to see what version you have......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread