How to "wake-up" my "dead" LiIon battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petar k

Unresolved Status
Jun 6, 2010
Serbia / Croatia
...i undercharged one of my 10440 protected batteries. when PCB is on the +, it shows no voltage. when i try it without PCB connected to the +, it shows around 1,7V. i try to recharge the battery, but it shows "green light" as it is fully charged - it's not. i try to charge the battery with and without PCB - the same.
so, what should i do to "wake-up" my seemingly dead battery? (i need it a lot)

petar k

Unresolved Status
Jun 6, 2010
Serbia / Croatia
i red on some sites that there is some way to wake up LiIon batteries (but for lap-tops) it says something about freezing a battery and than recharging it. but, i'm not sure about batteries that we use.
also it happened to me that my PV just stop working after some serious discharge, but when i plug it to recharger, it charges and work normally. (not this time:-(

duby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
atlanta
i red on some sites that there is some way to wake up LiIon batteries (but for lap-tops) it says something about freezing a battery and than recharging it. but, i'm not sure about batteries that we use.
also it happened to me that my PV just stop working after some serious discharge, but when i plug it to recharger, it charges and work normally. (not this time:-(

Do not, NEVER freeze a Li-ion. Freezing and heating batteries is a trick that coems from Ni-cad batteries. Ni-cad batteries will crystallize over time. This is that "memory effect" that you often read about. Thermal shock can remove the crystallization on occasion. Thermal shock however is bad for Lithium batteries.

With out more knowledge, either your battery is dead, or you have a charger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread