How we know PG is safer than analog cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
All PG info is posted at http://www.vapersclub.com/pg.html so I can add to it as necessary.. it will also be easier to share with others from that page.

Guys.. On the linked page above is a compilation of the relevant PG articles I am sending to the legislators we have been meeting with to show them that there ARE studies on PG and they show it to be SAFE!

For those who don't know.. the legislature attempeted an outright ban of e-cigs where we live. You all wrote letters and they CHANGED the legislation!!! Now they are restricting sales to only 19 and over and they are restricting use to "smoking areas only".

Our goal is to show them that they are needlessly risking our health by putting us in a "smoking" environment when we are not using anything that has been deemed to be unsafe by ANY govwernmental agency (which by the way is why FDA has not banned it outright yet).

Thanks to Tropical Bob and Yvilla for the help!!!

Feel free to repost link and info at will (if using for lobbying purposes.. please credit www.VapersClub.com because we want them to know we are ORGANIZED and there are GROUPS of us)! I will be adding a PDF of it in the next few days to make it easier to print for people who want to mail it to Legislators.

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Spikey, yes my quotes were all copy and paste directly from the pdf. :)

Edit: And the less harmful figure that you have - 100th as harmful; most all of the experts you cite to actually say 2 to 3 orders of magnitude safer/less harmful, which is anywhere between 100th to 1000th times. You may want to change that accordingly. And while you're at it, add the interview of Dr. Adrian Payne, who also gives those same figures.
http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=3507

And, propogated - change to propagated.

Last edited:

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
Many thanks Spikey for all of your hard work to educate the uneducated. I am bookmarking this, so that I can direct those who want to learn more straight to this thread. We are all very fortunate to have you on the case!

Long Island bureaucrats beware - Spikey is coming after you with intelligence and brilliant insight! :)

Thanks for the props guys... but don't forget any sugestions you may have. There are a few PG articles I omitted cause they had to do with cigarette smoking and I don't want to relate the 2.. but if you find any OTHEr articles that should be included.. please post the suggestions here or PM me!

It is great Spikey but can you read that in 5 minutes and I think the last paragraph needs a little tweaking.

DW

I am a speed reader.. of course I can! LOL! I will cut out the ones that are not as impt for the next presentation we do so they don't give me crap and I will READ it so they CAN'T cut me off!!! Added last paragraph at last minute.. will fix it up when I get out of work tonight.

Spikey, yes my quotes were all copy and paste directly from the pdf. :)

Edit: And the less harmful figure that you have - 100th as harmful; most all of the experts you cite to actually say 2 to 3 orders of magnitude safer/less harmful, which is anywhere between 100th to 1000th times. You may want to change that accordingly. And while you're at it, add the interview of Dr. Adrian Payne, who also gives those same figures.
OfficialWire: UK Expert: Electronic Cigarettes Not A Gateway To Smoking

And, propogated - change to propagated.

Thanks so much Yvilla! I saw that you guys changed the 10X-100X to 100X to 1000X but since I hadn't had a chance to confirm the statistics I didn't know if I should put it.. but if you and katink say it is so... then I will quote those guys as saying that :) Thanks for the sp check too! Will also add that link before I send it.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Excellent resource compilation, Spikey. Long Island is lucky to have your energetic efforts on behalf of e-smokers.

An irony of the "banished to smoking areas" edict might be that those of us who have given up the toxic content of smoked cigarettes for the safe vapor of electronic cigarettes should not be forced into smoking areas where we again must inhale dangerous second-hand smoke.

My suggestion on where to allow e-smoking would be to leave it to the discretion of the business or property owner, as many other things are. E-smoking is not harmful to others in the vicinity, so why create a special law when none is needed?

Congratulations on your hard work here.

Has anyone looked into the safety of the old prescribed nicotine inhalers?
There must info proving the safety of nicotine inhalation there.
No.. but please do search and add it here if you find it! I searched quick, but could not find anything where the study was available online.. even an article on it would be helpful though.

Spikey congrats! Geat Job!

And also, thank you! It will help me here in Colombia a lot! I am registering e-cig with our "FDA" office.

That is great!I have put all the references on a webpage so I can add more as I find them. It is also less unwieldy now that I put it into a table which makes it easier to read...
Propylene Glycol Research Study Results
Here is a link... feel free to pass it along in emails and PM me if you have any updates to add!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread