How would you mix these two together for a great Tobacco flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
A while back I bought a bottle of TFA RY4 Double but it doesn't taste good to me on it's own. I just bought a bottle of TFA Western based on the review that it tastes like a Marlboro cig. It tastes good/great but it has kind of a bitter aftertaste. Has anyone mixed these two together? I would be looking to mix a bottle of say 4ml between the two in case it didn't work for me so I wouldn't have to throw too much away. Any and all replies are welcome.
Thank You.

Attachments

• ! 1 1 2020 WESTERN RY4 DOUBLE PIC.jpg
    ! 1 1 2020 WESTERN RY4 DOUBLE PIC.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 17

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
A while back I bought a bottle of TFA RY4 Double but it doesn't taste good to me on it's own. I just bought a bottle of TFA Western based on the review that it tastes like a Marlboro cig. It tastes good/great but it has kind of a bitter aftertaste. Has anyone mixed these two together? I would be looking to mix a bottle of say 4ml between the two in case it didn't work for me so I wouldn't have to throw too much away. Any and all replies are welcome.
Thank You.

Have you tried vaping unflavored? Just PG/VG and nicotine?
IMO, it tastes like a Marlboro light.

I mix with TFA DRY-4 at 10% flavor, 80% VG @10mg/ml Freebase and let it age 30 days or more. I then cut it by half to reduce nicotine and flavor strength.

If you don't like DRY-4, omit it from the next mix and only make a "Western" batch.
What flavor percentage are you using?
What nicotine level are you using?
What equipment are you using to vape?

I recently discovered
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

It is a nutty, leathery, cedary tobacco that I use as an accent at ~3% with my DRY-4 or stand alone at 10%. 20 days maturation.

HTH
I

Reactions: stols001

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
I would try with 4% ry4 double and 1-2% western if I only have those two flavors..and wait 4 weeks:)There are no Marlboro flavor-I had best results with superconcentrated tobaccos(vaping zone,juice factory,arom team,probably some other sites...) or you can try with NET tobaccos(but be prepared for rewicking/changing coils after 3-4 ml).
Edit: Riversupply have Euroflavors American Blend Gold which is very realistic and coil friendly tobacco.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I would use them separately. Always wanted to try Western. PM me and I'll take it off your hands.

According to ELR try 4:3 Ry4d dominate. Maybe add some caramel and vanilla bean ice cream. That's a clone of Villian Vapors Capone.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I've tried a few (including some pre-mades) No matter which ones I mix, I always include some Purilum Sweet Tobacco (no, it's not sweet... more mellow and nutty) Recently tried Flavour Art Soho and like it too. Hangsens RY1 is nice but since I haven't found a good replacement for Vape Wild RY4life, I just add my own caramel and vanilla. (TFA) RY4D is more like butterscotch to me.
    RY4 by itself is not a good tobacco... needs to be mixed with something like you mentioned... yes, give it a try.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Any and all replies are welcome.
    TFA RY4 is legendary, should not have any problems finding a good recipe. Never tried mixing them together though.
    TFA Western is not my cup of tea. I have played around below, you could try:
    #34D TFA Western Cream
    TFA Western Blend open %
    TFA Vanilla Custard open %
    Marshmallow open %
    CA Super Sweet 1%
    Tobacco Absolute 0.5%

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Have you tried vaping unflavored? Just PG/VG and nicotine?
    IMO, it tastes like a Marlboro light.

I mix with TFA DRY-4 at 10% flavor, 80% VG @10mg/ml Freebase and let it age 30 days or more. I then cut it by half to reduce nicotine and flavor strength.

If you don't like DRY-4, omit it from the next mix and only make a "Western" batch.
    What flavor percentage are you using?
    What nicotine level are you using?
    What equipment are you using to vape?

I recently discovered
    View attachment 888421
    It is a nutty, leathery, cedary tobacco that I use as an accent at ~3% with my DRY-4 or stand alone at 10%. 20 days maturation.

HTH
    I
    I do now. I only use LiquidBarn.com's CNT Nicotine/VG and their VG for my DIY. It's great by itself but I still like to add a few drops of flavor. What I'm trying to duplicate is Durasmoke's DuraBacco Liquid which to me while not Marlboro is the eliquid I would use exclusively. I tried to get them to sell me a bottle of flavor only but they won't do it unless Tobacco eliquid is banned for sale in Wisconsin. I would buy the Pre-Mixed from them but they only go up to 2.4% Nic and a 30ml Bottle costs $16.99, also no local Vape shops sell it cheaper. That's what I'm trying to blend together for flavor. Thx for your reply.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Might also consider Ethyl Maltol (aka Cotton Candy). I've used it a few times with certain tobaccos when needed.
    I have seen it but didn't want to go there yet until I tasted the RY4 and Western on their own. That could be all it takes to tone the Western down a bit. Looks like I'll pick up a bottle on their next 15% off Sale. Thx for your reply.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Thank you all for replying. Apologies for the area, wasn't sure if general was the place.

@https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/tonyd64.231324/, I spent quite a bit of time mixing tobacco flavors years ago. Most didn't taste like their name, but some were oddly likeable in spite of the inaccuracy in naming the flavors. One in particular that I like in a single flavor mix is Flavourart Cowboy at 4 to 6 percent. For me, it was well balanced and worked when I wanted tobacco flavor in an easy mix. I still keep a bottle around and vape it here and there along with my ADV unflavored mix.

Last edited:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    @https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/tonyd64.231324/, I spent quite a bit of time mixing tobacco flavors years ago. Most didn't taste like their name, but some were oddly likeable in spite of the inaccuracy in naming the flavors. One in particular that I like in a single flavor mix is Flavourart Cowboy at 4 to 6 percent. For me, it was well balanced and worked when I wanted tobacco flavor in an easy mix. I still keep a bottle around and vape it here and there along with my ADV unflavored mix.
    Do you vape unflavored because of health concerns or because you got used to it and started enjoying it?

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread