How would you Prime the Nitro ProCoil V2 cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
You put them in a tank.

Hi 5card,

Sorry I have to ask since I cannot hear tone of voice in a forum post but were you being serious or was that sarcasm? I guess if it's got no filler then no need really to prime but I'm guessing you will at least want to let it sit for a minute or 2 to let the wick soak up a bit of juice?

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hi 5card,

Sorry I have to ask since I cannot hear tone of voice in a forum post but were you being serious or was that sarcasm? I guess if it's got no filler then no need really to prime but I'm guessing you will at least want to let it sit for a minute or 2 to let the wick soak up a bit of juice?
Nope, he was being sincere. It's all you have to do with any of our cartos. No need to prime and take all those extra steps. Basically slide the carto into your tank, fill the tank and apply the top cap and let it do the work. If your using a plug set up, then just grasp where tank meets body and take a primer puff.

The general public really should of adopted the sarc mark :laugh:

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Nope, he was being sincere. It's all you have to do with any of our cartos. No need to prime and take all those extra steps. Basically slide the carto into your tank, fill the tank and apply the top cap and let it do the work. If your using a plug set up, then just grasp where tank meets body and take a primer puff.

The general public really should of adopted the sarc mark :laugh:

Thanks Iken,

Been out of the carto scene for a while. I just placed my order a while ago. I am excited to try these Nitros.

Congrats btw on all the progress with moving your mfg'ing. Can't imagine the pain you went through to get it done.

~BW

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Sorry but still confused. I will be using Ibtanked and I do not remove the top or bottom end caps at all. So basically slide the carto into the tank, fill the tank and that's it? I do not place any ejuice in the carto at all?
No you don't have to. The concept is to start the auto feed process. Cartos get their air from the 510 fitting. You want to fill the tank, then cut off the airflow to pull the liquid into cartomizer by force or in this case suction. So since the air is coming from in between the tank and your device you want to grasp the area and take an inactivated draw. You will see a few bubbles rise from the port and will be good to go for vaping.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hi 5card,

I'm sorry BW. I was being serious but in the same token a little brief. I should have elaborated a little more. Please accept my apology and I owe you one.

Sorry but still confused. I will be using Ibtanked and I do not remove the top or bottom end caps at all. So basically slide the carto into the tank, fill the tank and that's it? I do not place any ejuice in the carto at all?

Like Iken said. On my tanks without ports I just fill it to the top. Then when I push the top down into possition it forces just the right amount of juice for a perfect prime. Makes it quick and very easy.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
I ordered up 5 with no filler and 5 with the dual coils. Can't wait to try them out.

Wondering how the no filler ones avoid flooding in tanks. I guess it would operated like a sophia?
Its all about positive and negative air flow. The resistance of the liquid vs the flow is enough to keep it in. It only feeds as the juice in the coil/wick is depleted.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Its all about positive and negative air flow. The resistance of the liquid vs the flow is enough to keep it in. It only feeds as the juice in the coil/wick is depleted.
So, although there is no polyfill in these cartos, there is still a wick by the coil...maybe like how a clearo has one? Or is this like a drip atomizer with no wick at all. Still trying to grasp this...

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
So, although there is no polyfill in these cartos, there is still a wick by the coil...maybe like how a clearo has one? Or is this like a drip atomizer with no wick at all. Still trying to grasp this...

Judging by the picture there is a wick in the carto but no filler. My concern was priming this particular carto. Seems as though my priming days of priming via tooth pick and condoms are over with this carto style. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, there was a new fillerless carto that was marketed about a year ago which I tried. The bottom inside looked like a drip atomizer - no wick, just coil. Some people were able to use these successfully if they were using a high pg liquid (thin viscosity), but the vast majority of us were very disappointed in them.

Here's hoping that Isaac has come up with a design which works.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
They have have a wick although not much of one im guessing. Ill take one apart once mine get here. Im guessing the internals are similar to a protank style coil. Mine will probably ship tomorrow. If noone beats me too it Ill post a pic as long as Isaac is cool with showing the internals. I know he put alot into getting these made.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
They have have a wick although not much of one im guessing. Ill take one apart once mine get here. Im guessing the internals are similar to a protank style coil. Mine will probably ship tomorrow. If noone beats me too it Ill post a pic as long as Isaac is cool with showing the internals. I know he put alot into getting these made.

Thats what I figured too. That they were like the pro tanks.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Well, there was a new fillerless carto that was marketed about a year ago which I tried. The bottom inside looked like a drip atomizer - no wick, just coil. Some people were able to use these successfully if they were using a high pg liquid (thin viscosity), but the vast majority of us were very disappointed in them.

Here's hoping that Isaac has come up with a design which works.

I tried those other cartos. I think they were named Raven or something like that. I could never get them to work well. I burnt a lot of eLiquid with them.
When I saw Ikenvape had come out with something similar and that forum and twitter posts said that no priming was needed, I was a bit dubious.
Just got my order this Saturday late and tried it the way it has been discussed.
I inserted a carto filling tool an lubricated it and the shaft of the ProCoil. Installed it in an IBTanked. Filled the tank with eLiquid using the carto tank tool. Closed it. Put a drip tip on.
I took a few long dry pulls.
Then sent it 4.6 volts and took my first drag.
It works!
No dry hit.
No burning
A lot of vapor.
Great flavor!
An almost no resistance, wide open, full draw.

This could be a game changer!

I wonder how it hits compared to the Sophia.

My only question is, with almost no wick to clog, how long will this ProCoil last? I imagine the coil will gunk up at some point. Will we be able to clean them?

I have noticed that some gurgling sounds can come from these ProCoils. I began to think it was flooding but I pulled the drip tip off and looked down the barrel and noticed some eLiquid condensation had gathered. I few flicks like a thermometer and the gurgling stopped.

I REALLY like these. I better order some more soon before they are out of stock!

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread