How would you rate the pleasure of snus over nic gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Hey guys,I have a few years vaping experience but thought of switching to snus as I would love the stealth of it over vaping.I had tried nicotine gum 4mg,but after weeks I switched back to vaping again.I knew vaping is much healthier then smoking but it’s less able to hide...so I consider of trying snus and would be happy to have some idea of it...would you say using snus is similar to vaping or it’s more similar to nic gum in terms of enjoyability

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hey guys,I have a few years vaping experience but thought of switching to snus as I would love the stealth of it over vaping.I had tried nicotine gum 4mg,but after weeks I switched back to vaping again.I knew vaping is much healthier then smoking but it’s less able to hide...so I consider of trying snus and would be happy to have some idea of it...would you say using snus is similar to vaping or it’s more similar to nic gum in terms of enjoyability

I would say that it is more satisfying than either gum or vaping. I vape and use snus. I can't vape much at work so snus carries me through the day. Snus has the minor alkaloids from tobacco that neither the gum or vaping has unless you use WTA liquids. I have a portion in most of the day at work and it is definitely not noticeable since I keep my portions in the top rear of my mouth. I still remember my first time using snus. It was like someone turned on a light in a dark room. I do enjoy vaping for the hand to mouth motion and like to try different flavors but snus has been a godsend for me for the past 10+ years.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2019
    Johor Bahru
    I would say that it is more satisfying than either gum or vaping. I vape and use snus. I can't vape much at work so snus carries me through the day. Snus has the minor alkaloids from tobacco that neither the gum or vaping has unless you use WTA liquids. I have a portion in most of the day at work and it is definitely not noticeable since I keep my portions in the top rear of my mouth. I still remember my first time using snus. It was like someone turned on a light in a dark room. I do enjoy vaping for the hand to mouth motion and like to try different flavors but snus has been a godsend for me for the past 10+ years.
    How many pouch do you use a day?No at all side effects after you been using for 10 years?

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    How many pouch do you use a day?No at all side effects after you been using for 10 years?

I normally go through four portions a day at work. Two extra strong and two regular strength. I normally use one in the evening after work. On weekends it varies. Some days on weekends if I'm just around home I'll use maybe two since I can vape whenever I want. If we are our running or going somewhere for the day then I'll take four or five with me if I can't vape in a small smash box. I honestly haven't noticed any side effects. I had a fair amount of gum recession from smoking before I started using snus. I brush twice a day and floss every day and have way less staining than I ever did with smoking.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I quit once for 6 months using nic gum (imported from Russia, there was no way I was gonna pay those prices, but it seemed perfectly serviceable) and knitting feverishly to keep my hands busy. IT SUCKED. 24/7 it was horrible.

I have gone for up to 12 hours at work on suns (I don't vape there I didn't want them to know I was a vaper etc.) I didn't think about smoking or vaping once. Really like the whole time.

They are two totally different animals I'd say. I have been using it a couple years now, I think I go through more than @hittman in a work day, but I'm not sure how much more that also varies.

Snus is not only cheaper, it is infinitely better and I agree it is also due to the minor alkaloids. I rarely use more than a couple portions if I am on a non vaping day but that is plenty to keep my alkaloids up it seems.

Best of luck, I wouldn't hesitate but the cheapest way to try it in the US to my knowledge is like to get a can from a gas station for between 2.5--4 bucks. IMHO the flavors are disgusting at first, but my rat pellet brain adjusted fine.

If/when you decide snus is for you, you can import from Sweden with an infinite variety of types and whatnot. I would probably say, um, you sort of have to commit. It's not that it is necessarily that much more expensive it's the shipping which means you have to order a fair amount at first. You can freeze them (in ziplock bags or ideally using shrink wrapping to preserve nic/flavor etc.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread