How would you teach a new vapor to vape ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Innokin Endura T18, pretty much the best way, very similar to a cigarette...

Step 1 hit the button.
Step 2 take a puff.
Step 3 this is how you charge it.
Step 4 this is how you fill it.
Step 5 this is how you change a coil...
Step 6 this is how you do a backflip.
Step 7 that is how you hurt yourself trying to do a backflip...

It's pretty simple :)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Years ago I would recommend Evod kits. I think that still holds true today except there are newer beginner sets available (like the T18 mentioned above). I believe that the KISS principle is best for starters. I would shy away from subohm tanks and rebuildables and huge clouds and just maybe replaceable batteries. It's hard enough to quit without adding a whole lot of variables. Tootle puffing works.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Simple, low power, BCA around 7w/2.0ohm with a 12mg E-liquid.(Adjust later as needed)
Instruct on Battery operation/charging
Instruct on Tank filling/head replacement
Instruct on Draw technique - Slow light draws. As they become accustom they will naturally increase draw, as comfortable.

* Don't want a Newb coughing up a Lung;)

:)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
How would you teach a new vapor to vape when the only thing they have ever used is an analog cigarette?
I have noticed most have troubles with the draw.
The point of the exercise is they smoke way fewer cigarettes and may be even stop smoking when they are ready. If I was starting someone today I'd get them an N mini and iStick 20 or close equivelent or that new "Basic" kit that's a really small form factor. But then I'd say, don't fret about quitting smoking, have a smoke whenevery you want. But learn how to vape, keep vaping,, don't stop vaping. Then you might notice your daily cigs decline, may be by 80%. That's control. May be take some weeks learning how to vape, building confidence, getting used to the new sensations, and getting to where you know you won't stop vaping. That is the time to go after those last few cigarettes. It helped me to let them just run out. May be buy some new vape toys on the first zero cig day. Presents help. Then don't fret. The worst than can happen is relapsing back to a few cigarettes a day. That reasoning worked for me after 6 weeks of dual use. A brother of mine was a dual user for 9 months but finally he stopped smoking. Today I could smoke a cig with no risk of relapse. THAT is control and that is the goal.

Reactions: diabolique

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Simple, low power, BCA around 7w/2.0ohm with a 12mg E-liquid.(Adjust later as needed)
Instruct on Battery operation/charging
Instruct on Tank filling/head replacement
Instruct on Draw technique - Slow light draws. As they become accustom they will naturally increase draw, as comfortable.

* Don't want a Newb coughing up a Lung;)

:)

Very true, but even choking on vapor is far more pleasant than inhaling smoke. ;)

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
How to vape...

Vaping does not use the same technique as taking a pull on a cigarette. Slow and gentle draws is key.
  1. Take your index finger and place it against your open lips.
  2. Close your lips around your finger to create a seal.
  3. Begin to suck gently.
  4. When you feel the vacuum on your finger, this is how hard you should pull when taking a vape.
  5. To maximise nicotine absorption, hold the vapour in your mouth for a couple of seconds before exhaling/taking the vapour down into your lungs. Nicotine will be absorbed via the mucous membranes in your mouth (via cheeks/gums).
  6. Remember that you will need to vape for a longer period than you would with a cigarette. The ten quick draws you would have with a cigarette is unlikely to satisfy when starting to vape.
  7. Anytime you want a cigarette, vape instead. If after five or ten minutes of vaping you still want a cigarette, have one.
  8. Transitioning may take some time. Don't worry about this; it's every cigarette you don't smoke that matters, not every one you do.
Make sure the new vaper has a tank with a restrictive enough airflow to mimic cigarettes.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
How would you teach a new vapor to vape when the only thing they have ever used is an analog cigarette?
EXACTLY!

I would suggest they start with an MTL device such as a Nautilus Mini, Kayfun, or Subtank mini or nano with 1.5 ohm occ coil heads.

BELIEVE ME! I learned from first hand experience what happens when an analog smoker tries vsping on a direct lung device. Will quote verbatim "I feel like i am drowning".

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
BELIEVE ME! I learned from first hand experience what happens when an analog smoker tries vsping on a direct lung device. Will quote verbatim "I feel like i am drowning".

My experience has been WILDLY different.

I've encountered first time vapers that run the whole gambit.

Your way is not the correct way.

The correct way is what works best for the new convert.

Tapatyped

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I usually put together some of my older set-ups for them to try and a few different flavors and see if they can find something they like and give me an idea of what would work for them. I try to steer them away from the cigalikes as they never worked for me. An Ego type battery with a Kanger T2 clearomizer is a good starter set-up without costing too much or difficulty setting up. Maybe a step up to an Evic with a Cubis tank to keep them vaping. I used to recommend the Kanger Subtanks, but too many leaking issues with the tank frustrated some new vapers and they would not want to stick with it. The Cubis is easy to use and does not leak.
When I started vaping to quit smoking I tried some different set-ups to find what would work for me and once I settled on one (The Ego before there were clearomizers) I invested all of my monthly cigarette budget into spare batteries and e-liquid so that I could not afford a cigarette if I wanted one. It worked for me.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada

I have never seen anyone have problems drawing from a ecig and I have converted about a dozen or so to vaping. Also I let my friends try and besides the coughing they don't seem to have trouble drawing it in either.

Just tell him to vape it like he would a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread