HS 200 from Myfreedomsmokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
This is a quick review of the HS 200.

I wanted a small, lightweight mod, and this fits the bill to a T. The unit seems to be well constructed with the lower body in Al and the upper in chrome plated steel. It has a nice deep drip well and takes ego/510 threaded devices; it is vented on the bottom. I don't know what the amp limit on the switch is, but this probably will not work for you if you are a low resistance vaporizer person. Someone will have to throw this on a scope to get a more accurate read on output. I am in the middle so it is good for me.

The screen is easy to see and you can determine resistance and battery capacity, but the menu system is a bit convoluted. I do not like the +/- button location at the top of the screen.

It's only an 18350 battery so do not expect a lot of battery life, but that is the price you pay for the small size.

There are plenty of short/long tube mods out there: SID, Vamo, Evic, KSD, etc. This group has VV and VW and more flexibility, but they are all bulkier in short mode. The small battery competitors like the Swig (got hammered by PhilB and is big), and the Jung June and Lambo (really poor screens and ergonomically do not work as well) do not look as nice and are bulkier.

I got mine on Black Friday, and the kit came with two cheepo Trustfires, a charger, and a no name bottom coil which I tossed after 2 minutes of vaping.

The problem will be the price point. It's competing with more flexible (VV/VW and multi-battery) mods, and it falls short. The Black Friday sale tempted me. The items packaged with it have some value, but not a lot. This unit starts to look at little pricy against the street prices of the competition, especially if you look at value, performance, and flexibility.

The size, light weight, and good screen make this a nice unit. Durability needs to be proven yet. I do not know of any vv, replaceable battery mod with a screen that can compete with its size. But I could be wrong.

If you are not a fan of the integrated VV/VW models like the Itaste and ego's in the myriad of configurations, and want a small, good looking, lightweight VV mod with a replaceable battery then you should take a look at the HS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread