Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
So, we had an old soldering iron laying around and he came up with this idea... his first, so be kind LOL... it runs on 3 or 4 AA batteries. He's pretty proud of himself :) LOL! Now what to paint it...

20130520_224149.jpg

Attachments

• 20130520_224149.jpg
    20130520_224149.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 109

KC Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rockwood, Tennessee, United States
Like the ingenuity! Now the social experiment of walking around places vaping w it.:vapor: The 14500 li-ion batteries are aa size i do believe and will last better than Standard AA or nimh rechargeables. Maybe paint it w black rubberized material like the truck bed liner stuff can't remember the name? Pretty cool though!

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Like the ingenuity! Now the social experiment of walking around places vaping w it.:vapor: The 14500 li-ion batteries are aa size i do believe and will last better than Standard AA or nimh rechargeables. Maybe paint it w black rubberized material like the truck bed liner stuff can't remember the name? Pretty cool though!

Awesome. Yeah, he ordered some sort of batteries last night. I don't think he was sure how he was going to power it when he started it. LOL. I thought it was pretty funny. He's been vaping for a few years, but doesn't tinker as much as I do, but frankly, he's better at it (like I would have never tried to make my own LOL!)

Clever Guy, my guess he's a "Keeper"!:p
He'll always figure out some way to keep you vaping, no matter what!

Yup, I told him "so if the world ends and TX won't let us vape, we'll be set... LOL"

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
That looks really cool.

My Wife has an old electric carving knife in the kitchen that never gets used. Might have to take it apart and start some modding :laugh:

Seriously though, I think it looks really unique the colour that it is already. Maybe just bling it up with some crystals or leds.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Kewl :)

I agree with Trouble, I think the colors are fun & unique as is.

Tell him I'll buy him a cheap glue gun to use for a body if he thinks he can make it work.

Ooh, or we can barbecue and have a build-off -- I could prolly get the other half into that, it's something to tinker with.

LOL! You're on, I'm sure. He's all into playing now. I think my wick/coil making has inspired him to outdo me.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Kewl :)

I agree with Trouble, I think the colors are fun & unique as is.

Tell him I'll buy him a cheap glue gun to use for a body if he thinks he can make it work.

Ooh, or we can barbecue and have a build-off -- I could prolly get the other half into that, it's something to tinker with.

This could really turn into something big, maybe even a TV show. Something along the lines of "biker build-off" on the Discovery Channel :laugh:

KC Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rockwood, Tennessee, United States
I have a vv board and battery holder w protected circuitry built in and a lcd volt readout. I plan on wiring up an old am pistol grip rc controller. 510 conection where antenna comes out and trigger as power switch. As soon as I repair couple of my n daughters rc's I'm ordering some battery's n putting er together. I'm thinking carto tank for it. :) 31Ac-9NcgZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

tombeau

May 22, 2013
Austin, Tx
4 NiMH rechargeable (the 'regular' rechargeables you can pick up anywhere) work perfectly fine in these type of mods.

I can actually switch between 4 and 3 batteries. Right now I have a "battery blank" in place to use 3 batteries and 2.4 ohm atomizers. I can easily pop it out to put in 4 batteries instead. One of my goals for v2 is a switch to go between 3 and 4 batteries on the fly.

But, and I know you can't tell from the pic, right now I have the benefit of the battery compartment locks in with a slide lock for easy battery switching. Now sure if I can keep that after further modification.

I'd love to add a voltage meter as well. Maybe bling up the unit some how.

Oh, a funny side note: I couldn't find a 510 connector locally, so I was going to go with the Radio Shack 901 jack and a 901 to 510 adapter. The store accidentally sold me an EGO shorty extender (and I had no idea what a 901 connector looked like at that time.)

Once I realized the mistake (after I was an hour drive away), I was a bit heartbroken. I was going to order a 510 connector online when I realized the shorty extender looked just like the 510 connector but with the addition of the EGO threads. I soldered that bad boy on there and the rest is history. Just needs a little epoxy to be a little more stable.

coolbud01

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Midwest City, OK
This was made by bstedh; think we're all on to something here.

VV Weller BP645
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3194856

What's funny is the day after I made my soldering iron into a mod, my other (and now only) soldering iron bit the dust. Had to go out and buy a new one. Cest la vie.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I don't have the Electrical Skills to put boards together and such.

So I just put the Tip of the Soldering Iron into my e-Liquid Bottle and Inhale the Vapor that comes off it.

I find that I can Regulate the Hit by How Far I plunge the Tip into the Liquid. Kinda a Poor Mans VVPV.
Good tip for the event of catastrophic hardware failures

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"So I just put the Tip of the Soldering Iron into my e-Liquid Bottle and Inhale the Vapor that comes off it."

I almost did that last year when I ran out of cartomizers for my E9!

Good tip for the event of catastrophic hardware failures

Yeah. It worked better than Dripping into the Toaster.

All my e-Liquids tasted like English Muffins when I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread