Huge Battle! Potential UK Vaping Tax Blasted For Making “No Sense”

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, the Brits are the master of the dry metaphor. LOL. Also, if you want to see a REALLY excited set of lawmakers, just watch Parliament sometime! OMG this one time this one dude was beating another dude with his stick and the wigs made it even better!

The Brits are like, "Eh, sure I will queue all day long, but I save my aggression for when I really need it, like in GOVERNMENT. Etc."

So, IDK about whether there "should" or "should not" be a tax, quite frankly I'd like everything to be taxed to MY benefit where I coast on your coattails and pay no taxes at all. Etc. I think in secret, EVERYONE wants that, and the rich and powerful sure do for the most part ACHIEVE it, they've probably got strange tax shelters that ONLY they know about. Etc.

But, I don't feel qualified to say much else other than if you tax a harm reduction product, the majority of that money should go toward diagnosis and treatment of the addiction and etc. That like hardly ever happens or if it does it is a very "nominal" amount, etc.

However, while Social Security is a very regressive tax that ALSO penalizes contractors, well, I must say, the fact that last time I CHECKED there was a 1% ADMINISTRATION tax made me very happy (certain recent changes to health care laws may have changed that) BUT a program that spends 1% of its TOTAL income on "administering" it (and that means, including SSI and SSDI and all the means based parts not to mention OH the healthcare part) is a tax I can get behind, because the majority of the money that has not already been FLAT OUT STOLEN by lawmakers, routinely and repeatedly, is being USED CORRECTLY.

And if no one had ever touched the surplus, there would be NO ISSUES with SS at ALL and it has actually held up pretty well for a program that ROUTINELY gets raided any time it has a SURPLUS.

If anyone's gonna break it, the boomer gen might but this is ONE instance that is NOT their fault because THEY did not steal SS income out of its own coffers oh because they were greedy politicians. And even then, it may not happen.

So, IDK.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Taxing ecigs is madness

JOgiitN.gif

NZtechfreak

Aug 4, 2018
E-cigs should I only be taxed at the rate normal consumer goods are, at present this is what we look to be heading toward here in New Zealand (or at least we had better bloody well be, since that is what the Technical Expert Advisory Committee to the Government that I sit on is recommending and what the former government was suggesting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread