Hugo vapor orbiter review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received hugo vapor orbiter from Heaven gifts for the purpose of this review.

Hugo vapor orbiter comes in 3 colors combinations:

- Splatter
- Flash
- Red camo

hVwhkL2.jpg

Specification and features:

Size: 96 x 58 x 38mm
Material: Nylon fiber & Stainless
Wattage Range: 1.0-230W
Input Voltage: 6-8.4V
Output Voltage: 0.5-8.4V
Max Ampere: 45A
Resistance: 0.06-3.0ohm
Charging Amperes: 2A(Max)
Screen: 0.96-inch TFT
Modes: VW/TC/TCR
Battery: 2 x 18650 cells (
Weight: 72g

In the package:

- Hugo Vapor Orbiter GT230 mod
- USB cable
- Warranty Card
- Warning Card

VgBVmG0.jpg

Hugo vapor orbiter mod is very lightweight mod as a dual battery device, weight of the mod is only 72g and it is made of a unique nylon fiber and stainless material, which makes it become much more lighter than other products. It works between 1-230w and this mod supports few working modes. Hugo orbiter is not a very small mod, but design of the mod is very good and orbiter is very comfortable mod, it is shaped that way that when you hold the mod in the hand your index finger will naturally land on the fire button, so this one will be great choice for you if you like to use the fire button with index finger. I don't know how good can you see on the pictures but mod is also shaped that way that your thumb and your index finger will fit perfectly on the mod, this one is definitely made to be very comfortable mod. For one dual battery mod you will not belive how much this mod is comfortable, also edges are rounded very nice.

Xer5e9Q.jpg

hHdQs0R.jpg

510 connector:

Hugo orbiter mod has stainless steel connection which is screwed from the top of the mod, you can see two screws from the top, threads are not bad and I didn't have any problems with the threads. Also you can see on the connection one engraved star. 510 pin is gold plated and spring loaded. On this device you can use atomizers up to 30mm without overhang. If you use atomizers with 25mm in diameter you should not be scared about scratching the top of the mod because of stainless steel connection, this is a big plus if you ask me, I like to see something like that on the device.

Baterry door:

From the bottom of the mod you can see the battery door. On the battery door you can see some details that should help you when you want to open the battery door, personally I would like better details here to make it even easier, but still you can open the door without any problems. When you close the battery door you can see a little gap between the door and the mod but when you shake the mod you can't hear any rattle. From the inside of the battery door you can see nicely engraved battery orientation. When the batteries are inside the mod battery door stays very good and there's no chance that battery door can open randomly.

dm7knvd.jpg

The fire button:

So, this device has very comfortable fire button, when you hold the mod in the hand your index finger will be naturally on the fire button, which is very good. The fire button is very clicky and it works just fine, I didn't have any problems with this fire button. As I already said, for people that likes to use the fire button with their index finger this one will be extremely comfortable.

Display, buttons and usb:

From the front side of the mod you can see 3 buttons, display and usb port. This mod supports balance charging which is very good and it also supports 2A charging, but as always I suggest you to charge your batteries in the external charger.
So we have 3 buttons here, we have plus and minus buttons and we have the menu button, personally I like the separate menu button. Buttons are clicky and there is no any problems with the buttons. We have here very nice display, 0.96inch display and this is color display. Brightness of the screen is perfect and you can see everything very clean on the screen.

uGGXIBM.jpg

Using the mod:

To turn on the mod you need to click 5 times on the fire button, you need to do the same in order to turn off the mod, when you turn on the mod on the screen you can see version of the software.
When you hold the menu button using plus and minus buttons you can choose between "setting" and "system info". If you choose system info you can see few informations, about temp of the board, you can see the voltage of the every battery, I like that they added this information about voltage of the batteries and also here you can see version of the software.

If you choose setting you can see:

- Time
- Puff
- Brightness
- Theme
- Reset

So, when you click on the time you can adjust the time and you can set the date. Next option is puff counter and you can here reset your puffs and you can see the puff counter. If you choose brightness you can adjust the brightness of the screen and as I already said screen has great brightness even when the brightness is set on the half so I use it like that, but if you want you can turn it all the way up. Next is theme and you can here change the color of the screen, so you can choose bewteen: blue, dark blue, yellow, red, purple and green. It is nice that we can change the color of the screen, I like that option. Last option is to reset the mod.

If you want to change the working mode, you need to click 3 times on the menu button and you can choose between:

- Power
- C1
- Preheat
- Bypass
- Ni200
- Ti
- Ss 316

When you use the device in the vw mode on the top of the screen you can see two battery indicators, under that you can see power mode, than you can see adjusted wattage. On the bottom side of the screen you can see icons for settings and info, also you can see here puff counter, volts, coil resistance and we have puff timer.
To adjust the power you need to click on the minus or plus button and by clicking on the button once it will adjust power in 0.1w increments but if you hold the button it will adjust the power in 1w increments and then it will go faster. You can lock plus and minus buttons by pressing plus and minus buttons in the same time and also on the same way you can unlock it, but when it is locked you still will be able to use the fire button and the menu button.

Using this mod so far I didn't have any problems, actually it works nice and without any mistakes. If you like to use any atomizer with 30mm in diameter you can use it here without any problems which is a big plus, personally I like the stainless steel connection because there is no chance that you can scratch the top of the mod with atomizers up to 25mm and I usually use 25mm or 24mm atomizers. As I said this is one very comfortable mod and it feels great in the hand and I can say that this is one of the most comfortable dual battery mods which is very good. About build quality, this mod is lightweight at it feels kinda cheap, but I think that was the point becase it is made to be comfortable and lightweight, but maybe this will be the con for someone. Basically hugo orbiter works good, it is very comfortable for using and it is very lightweight device that you can carry with yourself.

Cons:

- Little gap on the battery door
- Maybe someone will not like that mod is lightweight

Pros:

- You can use atomizers up to 30mm
- Very comfortable mod
- Lightweight
- Very comfortable fire button
- Color screen and you can change the color of the screen
- Very good brightness of the screen that you can adjust
- Info about voltage of the batteries
- Balance charging