Humidity and E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
Hello all, I was curious as to if anyone else has experienced this problem....

Last night, I was playing cards with some friends and my Dura would not stop leaking from where the cart inserts into the atomizer! It was the strangest thing...I constantly wiped off the outside and would remove the cart and wipe off any excess liquid there as well.

The only thing I can attribute it to is the idea that while it was happening, we were getting hit by some pretty major thunderstorms, so possibly the rise in humidity caused this to happen?

I'm just curious as to if anyone has any input on this situation or solutions.

For the record, I even tried changing carts and atomizers to see if the problem was specific to a single atomizer, but both of them continued to leak! WEIRD!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

jingin

Jan 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I don't know if it is the humidity. I live in Alaska (not a lot of humidity compared to the south), and I have the same issue with my Dura. When I lay it down horizontally, the cart leaks a bit. I usually will set my Dura down battery side up because of it.

For me, it's not too big of a deal since it makes up for it in many other ways. Still lovin' it. :cool:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
It has been an issue for me too......

I don't remember where it was mentinoed but apparently Janty has revised the carts to provide a more firm seal to the atomizer.

Time will tell I guess if this corrects the issue.

In the mean time I do the same thing and set it down battery up, as well as dis-assemble overnite or if I'm not using it for a period of time.

VapeOn,
Greg

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I'm usually wearing a jacket and will use a side pocket with the battery down (in this case), as I'm always pulling it back out and using it so it acts as a primer.

When warm weather comes I hope they've got this ironed out or I'll have to put on my inventor's hat (and that just hurts my head, lol).

VapeOn,
Greg

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
I thought that Leaking was a Feature of an E-Cig. :confused:

You beat me to it deewal.

All mine (different models) leaked after I topped them off. I keep a tissue handy after I top off now and a quick residual wipe before I reassemble keeps it from seeping.
As far as leaking, I always take a few puffs and listen for any gurgling before putting it in my shirt pocket (battery down)

It's very important to resist the urge to add "one more drop".
It makes all the difference. You should be going for well saturated... not wet, and certainly no pooling. vape off the excess and you should be good to go.

The only time it should leak is if there is too much liquid for the cart to hold onto. imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread